The 2022 Changemaker Video Challenge will open Sunday, Oct 2nd, 2022! The submission deadline is January 23rd. Please consider applying.
Teens Globally have almost 4 months to upload a short video, up to 2 minutes, to the Teens Dream Video Competition: Changemaker Challenge site and have it relate to one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Check out their website and the SDG rap video to learn more. All submitters will be encouraged to join one of their SDG Hubs and those who win will be eligible to receive up to $500 to implement their visions for a change.
“The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice.”
Please read the contest rules and familiarize yourself with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Make sure to read the judging rubric as well.
They are utilizing a fun video contest to inspire teens to make the world a better place. All submitters will be invited to join the virtual rooms they call “SDG Hubs,” where teen-led action on the SDGs takes place. Ten winners will be eligible to receive up to $500 to implement their projects and have seven months to implement their vision for action and be honored with a Fall celebration to showcase their project, and the opportunity to participate and/or lead an SDG Hub.
Their goal is to build a global community of teen changemakers working with adult mentors and partner organizations to act on global challenges as outlined in the SDGs.
If you have problems with your submission, please convert your video to youtube or Vimeo and put that link on the submission page. That will be sufficient. Email them if you have questions: [email protected]
- Each of the top 10 finalists will receive up to $500, contingent upon a clear plan and budget for implementing their project idea that they will either articulate in their winning video or explain in more detail in a follow-up discussion with the Teens Dream Advisors.
- They will be featured on the Teens Dream website and acknowledged accordingly as winners.
- You must be 13 to 18 years old.
- You can be from anywhere in the world, but the video must be in English.
- You may work individually or as a group, but one person must apply and represent on behalf of the group.
- Parents and adults can be advisors but shall not have any hands-on involvement.
- You can submit videos multiple years in a row, but if you win, you can’t win twice in a row.
- All submitters must have verified contact information.
- Immediate family members of the organizers are ineligible to submit.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Create a 2-minute or less video that expresses your dream, how it relates to one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how you, as an agent to change, plan to see it realized.
- Video will be judged based on the criteria given.
- The videos must be appropriate for viewers who are 10 years or older.
- Individuals or groups may submit the video.
- Upload your video before the closing deadline.
Application Deadline: January 23, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link