Nominations are open for Japan Foundation Awards 2017 that are presented to individuals or organizations that have significantly contributed to the promotion of international mutual understanding and friendship through their academic, artistic, or cultural activities over the years and are expected to continue to do so.
Individual recipients or the representative of a recipient organization will be invited and requested to attend the presentation ceremony, which will be held in Tokyo around October 2017, as well as the commemorative events specified by the Japan Foundation.
Each recipient of the Japan Foundation Award will receive a certificate and a prize of 3,000,000 Japanese Yen.
- Candidates must be an individual person or an organization established inside or outside of Japan. Self-nominations, including nominations of an organization or head of an organization to which the nominator belongs, will not be considered.
- To be considered for selection, candidates must be thoroughly involved in one or more of the following fields of activities that represent the core activities of the Japan Foundation:
- Arts and Cultural Exchange
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas
- Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchange
Interested applicants must download the nomination form via given website. To download the electronic form of the nomination, please click the link.
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link