Applications are now open for SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) programme 2021. SDGia is back again with its second global call for impact entrepreneurs to find innovative solutions for SDG-related complex development challenges. SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia), a global accelerator launched by Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNDP in 2018, aims to build a unique model for accelerating the discovery and market entry of solutions for the selected big problems.
Last year in its first program, SDGia focused on two of the most pressing issues faced by displaced populations, namely the lack of sanitation and personal identification. The first global call attracted applications from 35 countries, and during the program, new solutions have been found in the field of two grand challenges, namely “Non-Sewage Portable Toilets” and “Digital ID solutions”. 8 start-ups have graduated from the program to implement their projects which are currently at their final stage. Based on the success stories of its alumni and the lessons learnt of the first program, SDGia has decided to launch its second program in Bangladesh and Uganda, where vibrant startup ecosystems already exist. Government of Turkey has provided the core funding for the implementation of the SDGia’s second acceleration program that has started in June 2020, in line with its long-standing support for the Least Developed Countries (LDCs). During the second SDGia program, startups will work on products and services in the field of financial inclusion in Bangladesh and digital agriculture in Uganda.
The Digital Agriculture Call is addressing the digital agriculture challenge in Uganda focusing on ‘world with zero hunger’, which requires more productive, efficient, sustainable, inclusive, transparent and resilient food systems. The general focus of this call is “Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure” which aims to build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation in agriculture. With this aspect, the program aims at urgent transformation of the current agri-food systems with innovative solutions after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Financial Inclusion Call is targeting the financial inclusion challenge in Bangladesh. Financial inclusion is a critical enabler on many aspects such as eradicating poverty, ending hunger, achieving food security and promoting sustainable agriculture, leading to profiting health and well-being. It also enhances topics such as achieving gender equality and economic empowerment of women; promoting economic growth and jobs; supporting industry, innovation, and infrastructure. Therefore, urgent transformation of the current financial system with innovative solutions after the pandemic is the ultimate goal of the program.
- Be part of a global network which will support you as you work towards the SDGs and create your impact in the world
- Receive equity-free grant of $15,000 when you get accepted to the Accelerator Program
- Receive mentorship from UNDP, UN Technology Bank, governmental institutions, financial and technology experts, and global investors
- Receive impact investment at the end of the program if your idea or product is selected for implementation
- Teams or individuals(with a proven track record ) from all over the world can apply.
- You are working on any technology, service or product offering a solution to a global problem within the realm of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- or, You want to propose an innovative solution to the Sponsored Challenge topics.
- You have an innovative idea or product you want to launch or scale-up.
- You are looking for funding for develop your MVP or improve your existing product.
- You are ready to implement with the support of local institution and additional investments.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh and Uganda.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: January 22, 2021 (1 Day Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link