Applications are now open for Kyiv International Short Film Festival 2021.
The aim of Kyiv International Short Film Festival (KISFF) is to present the wide range of short films from all around the globe, created by professional filmmakers as well as by film school students or independent filmmakers, and to develop a space for presentation Ukrainian cinema and for communication and experience exchange between Ukrainian and International directors and artists.
All kind of short films with the duration up to 30 minutes to be submitted for the selection are invited. Ukrainian premieres are preferred.
The films must be created not earlier than January 1, 2017. There are no restrictions regarding the filmmaker’s age and country of production.
SELECTION PROCESS and PARTICIPATION in the FESTIVAL
Films are chosen by KISFF’s selection committee. The authors of selected films will be notified about the results one month prior to the Festival by email. In case of selection, the submitter will be asked to send the screening copy/data file, film stills, director’s portrait, English dialogue list as well as printed out and signed entry form to the Festival’s address or email.
Selected films will be screened in Kyiv during the Festival, not more than twice and the best works will be included in the selection for screening during the tour in Ukrainian cities.
The director of each film will be invited to Kyiv with accommodation provided for all the dates of the Festival.
- The best films of the competition program will be selected by International Jury, their authors will receive prizes.
- Three main awards will be given to the winning films: Best Film Award, Best Director Award, Audience Award and two of more Special Mentions.
- You are eligible for a free submission if you are:
1 film school representative, submitting films of your students
2. Ukrainian filmmaker
- If you are an individual filmmaker (not from Ukraine) or a distribution company, you can submit your film using FilmFreeway with following submission fees:
1. for films under 15 minutes: $6 for regular deadline (ends on February 28) and $8 for late deadline (ends on March 10)
2. for films over 15 minutes: $8 for regular deadline (ends on February 28) and $10 for late deadline (ends on March 10)
The payment is to be done at FilmFreeway web-site, details of the payment process can be found here: filmfreeway.com/page/terms-of-serviceEligible Regions: Open for All
- To submit your film you need to fill in the entry form online and specify the preview (vimeo/youtube) or download (wetransfer/dropbox) link while completing the application. It is possible for every director to submit 3 films only.
- Films may be submitted by the filmmakers, producers, distributors or other legal representatives. The submitter of the film should be a person that has the legal right to negotiate the use of this work with KISFF.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021 (10 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link