The Billboard Art Competition is a part of the 14th Festival of Art on Billboards Art Moves. The invitation is addressed to all the interested people, artists and students. There is no entry fee.
The artwork is supposed to be a creative response to this year’s competition theme: Getting infected with untruth. How can we find our path in a world full of contradictions, chaos and uncertainty?
This competition slogan can be treated as a metaphor of all the processes taking place in the world today. The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that the notion of truth is a fundamental problem in the contemporary world, posing a challenge for individuals, societies and the globalized contemporary world. Until quite recently, we did not notice this problem and it seemed to us that we could do without the concept of truth. The current global crisis connected with the pandemic has made us aware of the fact that our own subjective beliefs, opinions and feelings are not sufficient. In order to function properly, individuals and societies need something more, something that we have considered to be out of fashion and passé – objective truth. Humans’ species name is homo sapiens, which means ‘wise man’. Sticking to objective facts and referring to objective reality help us function in this complex contemporary world. Is it worth taking up the challenge of reaching the truth? Is it at all possible? How can we recognize what is true and what is false? Who is a role model that we can trust, and who is a self-proclaimed internet ‘expert’? Does each person has his/her own truth, or is there objective truth? Who and what should we believe?
- The best 6 artworks selected by an international jury panel will be printed and exhibited in the urban space of the city of Torun, Poland in September 2021.
- The author of the winning entry will receive the Main Award in the amount of PLN 3.500 (about EUR 782.60, USD 952.15).
- Both individual artists and groups of artists can participate in the competition.
- In the case of groups, the following data should be included on the application card: names and surnames of ALL the authors of the work and contact details of ONLY one person who will be representing a group in contacts with the organizers of the competition.
- The artists taking part in the Competition are invited to prepare an artwork (maximum three pieces), the technique is up to you. The work is intended to be
a creative response to this year’s Competition theme Getting infected with untruth. How can we find our path in a world full of cont radictions, chaos, and uncertainty?
- The format of the competition work should be 498 cm x 2 43 cm (19 6 inches x 9 5 .7 inches) in a horizontal layout, 100 dpi, cmyk, tiff.
- In order to take part in the Competition, the artist has to send a completed entry form and attach a preview of the submitted work in the following format: 30 cm x 14, 6 cm (11,8 inches x 5, 7 inches) in a horizontal layout, 72 dpi, jpg. Each jpg file should be named with the artist’s first and last name. If more works are submitted, use numbers 1 to 3 in addition to the first and last name e.g a dam_ s mith_1, a dam_ s mith_2, a dam_ s mith_3.
- At this point of the competition, do NOT attach files of the complete (heavy) works. The Competition organizers will contact the selected artists after the announcement of the jury’s verdict in order to receive the final works to be printed off and displayed on the billboards
- Both individual artists and groups of artists can participate in the competition. In the case of groups, the following data should be included on the application card: names and surnames of ALL the authors of the work and contact details of ONLY one person who will be representing a group in contact with the organizers of the competition.
- Send the artwork and filed entry form via electronic email: [email protected]
Note: All works and the form should be sent in one email!
Application Deadline: July 20, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link