Every year the Bell Labs Prize is awarded to an innovator that they believe will lay the foundations of the next technology revolution and in the process, manifestly change the way to live, work and communicate. If you have an inventive new idea and proof of concept and are interested in developing it further with leading Nokia Bell Labs researchers, you’ve come to the right place.
Each year, the Bell Labs Prize recognizes game-changing innovations in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Geared toward innovative proposals that look to solve broader societal and humanistic challenges, the competition continues Nokia Bell Labs‘ rich tradition of finding solutions that have a transformative impact on the information and telecommunication industry. Imagine the future and we will help you invent it with cash prizes that can help propel your idea forward. In addition, all three winners are considered for opportunities to work alongside Nokia Bell Labs researchers to further explore their ideas.
NOKIA Bell Labs develop paradigm-shifting ideas that transform the future of humanity and technology. Through the 3GPP standards body, Nokia is in the process of making 5G-Advanced happen. Nokia has defined six principles to guide all AI research in the future. They believe that for AI to thrive in our society, we must adopt a set of ethical principles governing all AI systems. They call these principles Responsible AI.
- Nokia Bell Labs awards a first prize of $100K, a second prize of $50K and a third prize of $25K, all paid directly to prize winners.
- All three winners are also considered for the unique opportunity to work within the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs to further explore their ideas, following the end of the competition.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Employees, partners, and consultants of Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest
- Interns employed by Nokia or Nokia Bell Labs or their affiliates are eligible to participate
- Teams of up to four are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the full eligibility requirements
- Reside in one of the following countries: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom
Eligible Regions: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom
- Register and submit your idea in 250 words or less. Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach additional documentation. If your innovation is among the top 20 submissions, they’ll invite you to work with one of their researchers to refine the proposition to maximize the potential impact.
- Note: This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communications technologies. Applicants who apply have to acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions. If the applicant wants to include team members then all team members (team size is maximum of four) have to register and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2023 (27 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link