YGC Recoupling Awards 2024 Applications are open!
The Global Solutions Initiative’s “Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards” are designed to find, honour, and incentivise young people from around the globe who actively work to better align, or “recouple,” economic prosperity with environmental sustainability and the needs and demands of communities, societies, and individuals. The award aims to honour tangible methods and noteworthy youth-led projects and activities that influence real-world change while also acting as role models and sources of inspiration for future endeavours. Projects can be youth-led nonprofit projects or social enterprises.
The Global Solutions Initiative is looking for businesses and social enterprises that have implemented a business model that fosters social prosperity and environmental goals.
The Global Solutions Initiative is looking for projects directly supporting the powershifting towards citizens to engage in the civic space.
Youth Opportunities invites you to join your preferred channel to get the latest updates directly to your messenger inbox.
1. Youth Opportunities: https://m.me/j/AbZTmgEzD1UchDte/
2. Fully Funded Conferences: https://m.me/j/AbZTfhFTiPCnXf2D/
3. Full Scholarships: https://m.me/j/AbbrjbkOMM6I68Cs/
4. Paid Internships/Jobs: https://m.me/j/AbaAskb6jFFnRser/
5. Circle: https://m.me/j/AbY0vVKSPJULUnE4/
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin
- Accommodation for the time of the Global Solutions Summit (five nights, May 3-8, 2024)
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2024
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
- Please note that all expenses must be paid upfront and will be reimbursed within 6 weeks after the Global Solutions Summit. Participants are responsible for submitting reimbursement claims. Currency fluctuations may lead to small changes in the total amount reimbursed.
- Costs for train journeys or flights in economy class as well as visa costs can be reimbursed. Additional costs may apply, which will not be covered by the scholarship (this may include local transportation in Berlin, food, health or travel insurance and more).
- The hotel will be arranged and paid for by the Global Solutions Initiative. It will be located in the vicinity of the summit venue.
Eligibility Criteria for all Applicants
The following criteria need to be fulfilled by all applicants to be eligible, independent from the category in which they apply.
- Individuals Only: Only individual people can apply. You cannot apply as an organisation, only as its representative.
- Leading Role: Participants should have a leading position in the project or initiative they are applying with. (This can be the founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- Strong English: Participants must have a command of the English language strong enough to present their work in front of a jury and an audience, and to participate in group conversations.
- Age: The Young Global Changers program aims to empower youth. Applicants should preferably be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Motivation: The applicants should show motivation to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
Eligibility Criteria for all Projects
The following criteria need to be fulfilled by all projects to be eligible, independent from the category in which they apply.
- Recoupling: The project, business, or initiative with which you apply needs to aim at recoupling, i.e., a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability. This means putting the needs of people and environmental sustainability at the center of economic and/or political activities.
- Organizational Stage: The project or initiative must be beyond the idea stage. It should be currently active and running.
- Social Enterprise: Your organization needs to be a viable entity actively involved in commercial, industrial, or professional endeavors, with a demonstrable capacity for generating a positive impact on social or ecological dimensions.
- Financial Self-Sufficiency :Your organization may presently receive financial backing from external sources, such as grants, but must aim for financial self-sufficiency over a medium to long-term horizon.
- Purpose Driven – Alignment Focus: Your business or social enterprise is effectively executing a business strategy that purposefully incorporates and tangibly actualizes economic prosperity with the enhancement of social well-being and/or the promotion of environmental sustainability.
Reimagine Social and Climate Action
- Values–Driven: Your project aligns with a mission or values-centered approach, focusing on not-for-profit objectives. This means that your services are provided with the primary goal of addressing social or environmental concerns rather than seeking monetary compensation.
- Alignment :Your project has implemented an operational strategy that deliberately incorporates social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- Social or Environmental Focus:
Your organization must be involved in one or more of the following activities:
- Directly assisting individuals impacted by ongoing social or environmental crises or persistent issues.
- Empowering individuals or communities to tackle social, economic, educational, or environmental challenges themselves,
- Helping to directly address environmental crises like biodiversity loss, pollution, or climate emergencies.
Reimagine Civic Engagement
- Values – Driven: Your project aligns with a mission or values-centered approach, focusing on not-for-profit-focused objectives. This means that your services are provided with the primary goal of addressing social or environmental concerns rather than seeking monetary compensation.
- Civic Focus: Your project aims to increase and improve civic and/or public-sphere engagement. This may include empowering people to actively engage in their civic space, become active citizens and/or help to increase accountability and transparency in decision-making.
- Alignment: Your project has implemented an operational strategy that deliberately incorporates social well-being and environmental sustainability by doing the following:
- Directly assisting, educating, or empowering individuals or communities to engage in their civic space.
- Shifting power to individuals and communities by engaging in the civic space.
- Creating avenues for people to become more active designers of their circumstances, globally, nationally or locally through civic participation.
- Encouraging communities to hold decision makers who have an impact on their lives accountable.
- Visit apply link by clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button
- Complete the form
Application Material – What to provide
- Project Description (850 characters)
- Alignment (“Recoupling”) Description (1,500 characters)
- Short Bio (600 character)
- Video Pitch (5 min max)
Application Deadline: November 27, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link