WSA selects and promotes local digital innovation improving society. It is a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. Winners benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
WSA is a nomination based award system, eligible for all UN member states.
Each country has a national WSA representation – the WSA National Expert. The WSA national experts are carrying out the local pre-selection for WSA, through national contests or national Expert panel selection. To participate in WSA, you need to be nominated by a WSA National Expert as the best national digital application in one of the 8 categories.
The WSA is a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
Winners of the WSA Benefits
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- Pitching session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of specially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony
- Board and lodging for the duration of the Congress (only on-site events)
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners’ needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners’ projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
A nomination for the WSA is already a win – these are the rewards
- More coverage of your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- WSA nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the WSA means to be the best in the respective country in one of 8 categories. Our experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.
Any company, organisation or individual from all UN and UNESCO member states is welcome to apply.
- WSA is strictly restricted to digital applications with a strong benefit for society and a high local value.
- Submissions for the WSA can contain mobile applications, SMS based products, webpages, databases, kiosk installations, wearables, IoT etc. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The projects can be max. 2 years old at the date of nomination.
- No ideas, drafts, demonstrations or concepts are accepted, all submitted projects must be market ready or already on the market.
- WSA evaluates and highlights the content, user value and local impact of digital solutions.
- Write a mail to the WSA office to be introduced to your WSA National Expert. Your National Expert will guide you through the local steps needed to apply for WSA. Some countries also offer application through a national contest or other forms of application.
- Your project will be reviewed and evaluated by the WSA National Expert if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA. After careful evaluation, the WSA National Expert will decide if they wish to nominate your project for WSA, based on innovation, local impact and quality.
If your project is nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert will enter your data in the WSA Contest Database. Please make sure to provide your WSA National Expert with valid contact data.
- Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check your spam folder.
After submitting your application, you are officially enrolled in the global WSA.
A specially assembled international Jury will then evaluate all nominated and completed projects and choose the 40 WSA winners of the year.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022 (17 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link