The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is the global forum for intellectual property (IP) services, policy, information, and cooperation. We are a self-funding agency of the United Nations, with 193 member states.
Our mission is to lead the development of a balanced and effective international IP system that enables innovation and creativity for the benefit of all. Our mandate, governing bodies, and procedures are set out in the WIPO Convention, which established WIPO in 1967.
WIPO Global Awards celebrates exceptional enterprises and individuals making smart use of the intellectual property for commercialization while also bringing a positive contribution to society through innovation and creativity.
The annual competition is open for self-nomination to applicants from around the world and from all industries. The inaugural phase has started with enterprises, but there are two other award categories planned for women and youth.
The nomination process seeks to identify inventors, creators, and entrepreneurs using intellectual property (IP) rights to achieve their business goals and whose skills, technological developments, and creative content contribute to the progress and improve other people’s lives.
Award winners are selected by a diverse, independent international jury with unique expertise in IP, innovation, the creative industries, investment, and business.
The WIPO Global Awards 2023 is searching for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) candidates from around the world that use intellectual property (IP)-exceptionally backed innovation and creativity to achieve business goals and improve society.
The Global Awards program launched in 2022 is rooted in WIPO’s mission to ensure a world where innovation and creativity from anywhere are supported by intellectual property for the good of everyone.
The Global Awards competition aims to encourage the commercialization of IP assets by rewarding enterprises that make smart use of the intellectual property and to address the need to build a more inclusive global innovation ecosystem, that better harnesses the hugely innovative and creative.
- International promotion, recognition, and visibility.
- Travel to Geneva to attend the awards ceremony and other networking events.
- A personalized mentorship program to achieve new business goals and facilitate access to funding and partnership opportunities.
- The competition is open to SMEs in WIPO’s 193 Member States.
Eligible Regions: Open for WIPO's 193 Members States.
- Apply through the online form available in the six UN official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Participants should explain in particular how they have used IP rights to leverage corporate success, including the economic/social/cultural contribution, and the efforts made to promote gender equality and development challenges.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 (10 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link