Call for WIA Philanthropy Women for Zero Hunger Award 2024 is open now!!!
Because food security is a fundamental right, because Stop Hunger and Women In Africa believe in the potential and determination of women to lift the most vulnerable communities out of hunger – together they created the Women for Zero Hunger program, in order to support associations fighting against hunger and food insecurity in Africa.
Launched in 2016, WIA Philanthropy is the first international platform dedicated to the economic development and support of African women entrepreneurs. At WIA Philanthropy, they are convinced that Pan-African women contribute greatly, through their actions, to the change and impact they bring to the continent’s progress.
Stop Hunger acts locally and sustainably for a hunger free world. Created 25 years ago by Sodexo employees, Stop Hunger is a global non-profit network mobilized to eliminate food insecurity by leadership activities going beyond food aid, with a priority: empowering women.
Women In Africa is a social impact company whose mission is to support African women entrepreneurs and leaders in their journey to impact the continent’s economy.
Over the past 6 years, WIA has developed the first pan-African and international platform bringing together all relevant actors; WIA implements training and mentoring programmes, and WIA communicates extensively on the themes “*Women *Business *Africa”.
Through the Women in Africa Philanthropy Endowment Fund, WIA and its patrons develop programmes to support African women, whether they are students, entrepreneurs or leaders.
- Women for Zero Hunger” will enable 3 non-profit organizations:
- to be visible: to inspire, to be recognized and to have more impact;
- to be mentored: to benefit from expert advice and personalized support;
- to be funded: each of the 3 associative structures will receive €10,000. At the end of the mentoring program, one of the three finalist structures will be chosen by the jury members on the basis of pre-established criteria. In addition, the representative will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger event in Paris to receive a trophy and benefit from a crowdfunding operation during the event.
- Each of the 3 non-profit organizations will receive €10,000.
- At the end of the mentoring period, one of the three finalist associations will be chosen by the jury members on the basis of pre-established criteria and will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger evening in Paris to receive the Stop Hunger trophy. This will give the winning association extra visibility as a crowdfunding operation during the event.
- The 3 selected associations will take part in a 6-month-personalised-mentoring program run by Stop Hunger and WIA Philanthropy.
- This mentorship will not only help refine their skills and strategies but also strengthen their resilience and ability to overcome specific challenges they may face.
- The program is accessible to nonprofit organizations with at least 3 years of experience
- The association must be African or active in an African country
- The association must work in at least one African Anglophone and/or Francophone country
- Number of beneficiaries supported by the association
- Quality of the “solution”
- Scalability of the “solution”
- Beneficiaries: the solution must primarily benefit women or girls
Eligible Regions: Africa
- Apply by going to the ‘Apply Link’
- Non-profit organizations are invited to apply by completing a detailed selection questionnaire.
- The top 7 non-profit organizations will be pre-selected by WIA Philanthropy and Stop Hunger before being presented to the international jury of the program, which will select 3 associations!
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024Application ClosedOfficial link