The journal Water (MDPI, Switzerland, ISSN 2073-4441, mdpi.com/journal/water) is inviting applications for the Water 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a PhD student who is about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Water Editorial Board.
- Quality of resume and publications;
- Relevance of the candidate and research description;
- Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
- Strength of the recommendation letter;
- Anticipated academic potential;
- Originality and impact of the research.
- Bonus (800 CHF)
- Offer to publish a free paper in Water before the end of 2022
- The candidate must be a PhD student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses.
- The PhD thesis must be original work.
- The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 January 2021 and 31 October 2021
- An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
- A letter from PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
- The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
- An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
- A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or a certificate of studying at a university or research institute as a PhD student who is going to participate in graduation thesis defenses).
Application Deadline: November 10, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link