The Victorian International Education Awards are an initiative of the Victorian Government to celebrate outstanding international students and education providers in Victoria, recognising their commitment to the sector and leadership in their community.
These prestigious awards provide an opportunity to showcase and acknowledge impressive students, alumni and education providers who are working hard to champion international education in Victoria and across the globe.
Applications are encouraged across a number of award categories from eligible international students, domestic students, alumni and Victorian international education providers, with prizes of up to $16,000 for winning international students (excluding alumnus category).
There are seven (7) categories of VIEA 2021-22 for Students (Categories) and seven (7) categories of VIEA 2021-22 for Education Providers (Categories). Each Category has specific eligibility and assessment criteria, as outlined, within the Student and Provider Awards descriptions published at the Victorian International Education Awards 2021-22 portal.
Terms and conditions for international student and provider categories
By entering the VIEA 2021-22, you (the Applicant) agree you are bound by the following Terms and Conditions required by the State of Victoria as represented by its Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (ABN 83 295 188 244) of 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 (Department).
These terms and conditions incorporate the criteria for assessment of each VIEA 2021-22 Award (Assessment Criteria).
- Award winners in each category, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, will be awarded $6,000 each to support their studies. Up to two runners-up per student category will be awarded $2,000 each.
- All finalists and winners will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The recipient of the ‘Premier’s Award – International Student of the Year’ will receive an additional $10,000 to support their studies.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
• For English Language Training, Vocational Education and Training, Higher Education, Research and Regional categories: be currently enrolled as an international student in a course at a Victorian education provider
• For the Alumnus category: have graduated from an accredited Victorian education provider
• For the Internationalisation category: be currently enrolled in an accredited course at a Victorian education provider (not as an international student)
International students currently enrolled with a Victorian education provider are encouraged to apply, including those who are studying offshore.Eligible Regions: Entry is voluntary and open to students who are: a. not an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia (except in the case of Applicants for the Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation Award, which is open to all post-secondary students); and b. currently enrolled in a course being offered by a Victorian post-secondary education institution (except in the case of Applicants for the International Alumnus of the Year Award) c. or are to be enrolled in a future course offered by a Victorian post-secondary education institution (except in the case of Applicants for the International Alumnus of the Year Award).
To apply for any award, one will need to meet these criteria.
- If you’re a student applying for the English Language Training, Vocational Education and Training, Higher Education, Research or Regional category, you must be currently enrolled as an international student in a course at a Victorian education provider
- Applicants currently enrolled with a Victorian post-secondary education institution but based offshore are also eligible to apply.
- If you’re applying for the Alumnus category, you must have graduated from an accredited Victorian education provider.
- If you’re applying for the Internationalisation category, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited course as a domestic student at a Victorian education provider.
- You agree to act as an advocate for the awards, Study Melbourne and Victorian International Education, and support Study Melbourne marketing activities as required.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link