TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2021 Award. The 2021 award, sponsored by the Searle Company Ltd, will be given to a chemist for extraordinary work in the field. TWAS wants to give the scientists global recognition for their work and help them to do their work with a decent amount of prize money as an award.
Nominations are accepted from TWAS members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries. Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
The 2021 award, sponsored by the Searle Company Ltd, will be given to a chemist not older than 40, national of a Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) country, who has been living and working there for a minimum of two years immediately prior to his/her nomination. The award is worth USD 5,000.
The award is worth USD 5,000.
Eligible candidates are:
- Young chemists (not older than 40).
- National of a developing country.
- Have been living and working in a Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) country for a minimum of two years immediately prior to their nomination.
- All fields of Chemistry are eligible.
How to nominate a scientist
- The 2020 nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the apply now button.
- To resume working on saved nominations please follow the official link.
- The extended deadline for receiving nominations is 12 May 2021, however we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.
- Before starting compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Chemistry);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in Chemistry. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
PLEASE CHECK IF ENTERED DATA ARE VALID
- While filling in the form, pay attention to the requirements for each field (e.g. maximum number of characters, file type, date format, etc.)
- Run a ‘check’ using the button of the form menu to verify that mandatory fields have been filled in and the data you entered are accepted. This also saves your form. Every time you run a check, you are taken to the last section of the form named “Submit”. Use the form menu to navigate to the previous sections.
- After you run a check, fields with NOT ACCEPTED OR MISSING DATA will be highlighted in RED.
*Please note that once you have duly modified the content of one or more fields, the red highlight will not disappear until you run again a check.
Application Deadline: May 12, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link