The.ORG Impact Awards is a global awards program hosted by the Public Interest Registry to recognize and celebrate individuals and organizations that have a connection to a registered.ORG domain for their contributions, achievements, and impact they have made in their communities.
The.ORG Impact Awards is a global program subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. For this reason, eligibility varies and participation is not available in some countries.
.ORG — a mission-driven organization itself — aims to empower and connect those who inspire the world, and
as such, does not charge organizations to enter the.ORG Impact Awards. Rather, it awards winners with a monetary
donation and an opportunity to showcase their good work or individual efforts by their supporters.
There is not an official limit to the number of entries a single person can submit. A nominator may submit nominations for all categories; however, each submission must be unique. The sponsor reserves the right to modify the award category selected as necessary if it believes that the content of the nomination fits better in a different award category.
After the end of the nomination period, all entries will be vetted by a Review Panel and 10 entries will be selected to move to a judging phase where a panel of qualified judges determined by the Public Interest Registry will score each submission against the judging criteria outlined in the program’s official rules. Based on the award categories there is a slightly different set of criteria for various awards.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the OVAs have moved from a traditional in-person celebration event to a 100% online event conducted live on Tuesday, November 15th.
- Winners will receive a custom award and the ability to select a non-profit or NGO organization of their choice to receive up to a $45,000 contribution (depending on the award category). Nonprofit entrants are welcome to select their own nonprofit as the beneficiary of that donation. Individuals, for-profits, and community groups are welcome to select any nonprofit they believe in to receive the donation. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to approve any charitable donations.
- .ORG of the Year – $35,000 USD
- All Other Category Winners – $10,000 USD
More importantly, they hope for recognition through the.ORG Impact Awards will help raise the applicant’s profile of the applicant.ORG and provide additional validation to their programs. Additionally, winners will have the opportunity to:
- Be featured extensively online during the.ORG Impact Awards online event in November 2022;
- Use a dedicated.ORG Impact Awards logo mark in promotional materials;
- Be featured on various.ORG digital platforms throughout the year, including articles, videos, social posts, and more.
- All organizations nominated for any category must have a website hosted on
- All individual nominees must have an established role at an organization with a
website on the.ORG domain.
- The nominee must be the registrant or affiliated with the registrant, of a second
level.ORG domain name.
- The URL of the website must resolve to a . ORG domain name.
- Activities highlighted in the submission must have occurred between May 1, 2021
and May 1, 2022. If the activity began before May 1, 2021, or extends beyond
May 1, 2022, the entry is still eligible so long as meaningful activity occurred between the two dates.
- Organizations and individuals may submit to more than one award category,
but each submission must be original (i.e., an entry for one award may not be
resubmitted verbatim to another award).
- The nominator must be at least 18 years old and have permission to nominate the
individual or organization that uses or has a connection to the.ORG domain name.
- A nominee may be less than 18 years of age. However, if a nominee is less than 18 years of age and qualifies as a finalist, they will be required to complete a consent form signed by their a parent or legal guardian.
- Individuals or entities who reside in the Islamic Republic of Iran, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Sudan, the Syrian Arab Republic, or Crimea may not nominate or be identified as a “Nominee”.
- Employees of Public Interest Registry and any of its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to nominate individuals or organizations or be considered as a Nominee for any award.
- Apply via online application form
Application Deadline: June 29, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link