The UN SDG Action Campaign is launching the third edition of the UN SDG Action Awards to identify and celebrate outstanding initiatives from around the world that are accelerating action towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, whilst inspiring the growing global community by showing that transformative change for people and the planet is possible.
The current global health crisis is a sober reminder of the need for coordinated responses that leave no one behind as outlined in the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. Taking climate action, providing access to healthcare and quality food, ensuring that all children have access to education, and protecting the most vulnerable is more important than ever for our joint global progress. It is possibly the only way forward.
People need hope, solidarity, and therefore, creative and coordinated action on the Goals are required. It can be done by shining the spotlight on the most creative and transformative initiatives accelerating action for the sustainable development goals from around the world.
People and organizations everywhere are encouraged to submit their outstanding SDG Action and nominate to become one of the UN SDG Action Award winners.
The 2020 edition is seeking creative, scalable and transformative initiatives worldwide that:
- Mobilize large numbers of individuals and organizations to take action for the achievement of the Goals; whilst building coalitions across communities and societies;
- Inspire people to shift behaviors and policies for the achievement of the Goals; whilst promoting the values of hope and solidarity;
- Connect partners to increase progress on the Goals, whilst strengthening dialogue and trust between people and institutions at all levels.
One can nominate a contender for the Solidarity Award which will honor the most heartwarming and impactful acts of humanity that improve the lives of others, inspire resilience, and lift hopes in the ongoing global health crisis.
The UN SDG Action Awards are organized by the UN SDG Action Campaign, a special inter-agency initiative of the UN Secretary-General mandated to scale up, broaden and sustain the global movement of action for the SDGs.
The following benefits will be provided to selected candidates:
- Winners will be invited to join and feature their work at a special UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony held at UN Headquarters in New York City.
- Winners will be recognized as SDG Action partners and their work will be featured prominently throughout the year to raise their visibility and share their stories with the SDG Action community.
- The Solidarity Award will honor the most heartwarming and impactful acts of humanity that improve the lives of others, inspire resilience, and lift hopes in the ongoing global health crisis.
Coronavirus awareness guidelines from WHO and to run a self-assessment Coronavirus risk scan online 🖱️ Check now 👉 m.me/yopportunities?ref=corona
- Everyone is encouraged to apply.
- Projects led by UN entities and national governments will be eligible for honorable mentions only. However, if a government or UN project is co-organized with non-governmental partners, the partners are encouraged to apply on behalf of the project.
Active participants in UN SDG Action Campaign programs such as MYWorld, the Global Day to Act for SDGs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Projects that have been closely co-developed with the UN SDG Action Campaign or as part of a signed partnership agreement with the Campaign would not be considered eligible. If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please contact them.
- Apply online through the given link.
- To enter a project or initiative to win please begin by registering and filling in each section of the application form. (Apply link can be found below. Nomination Link for Solidarity Award can be found on the official website)
Application Deadline: May 25, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link