The Veolia Foundation’s Student Solidarity Award has been encouraging students to invent new sustainable development models for the past decade. The award offers support for higher education students involved in citizens’ and solidarity projects. Initiatives must focus on international development aid, fostering social links and moving into employment, or protecting the environment and biodiversity, the Veolia Foundation’s three areas of intervention, in order to be eligible for the award. Winners are given funding and technical support through the skills-based sponsorship programme that harnesses Veolia group experts across the globe.
Who will be the winners in 2018? It’s time to get online!
The winners will receive:
- Financial support in the form of a grant: depending on the requirements and specific features of each project, the jury shares a total grant of 15,000 euros between the three winners. The grant to the first prize winner may be smaller than the one to the second and/or the third.
- Technical support in the form of expertise, through the employee sponsorship program involving the employees of the Veolia group in France and internationally.
- Open to student associations in higher education establishments or several establishments grouped together in the framework of a joint project
- Projects should be from countries where Veolia Group operates in Africa-Middle East, Europe
- The following projects are not eligible
- Temporary projects (exhibitions, demonstrations, symposia, events), even if oriented toward outreach or environmental conservation
- Artistic and cultural projects
- Travel projects without any concrete objectives or achievement
- Projects already completed before June 2017
- In order to apply, create an account and fill the application given in the apply now link.
- The applications are examined as they arrive by a team of permanent employees of the Veolia Foundation, who shortlist the projects.
- A jury of six members (two representatives of the Veolia Foundation, one representative of the Veolia Campus, two representatives of the Veolia Environnement human resources department and two representatives of schools and universities) meet together and select the three best projects.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link