Applications are open for the Rolex Awards for Enterprise 2021. The Rolex Awards for Enterprise (hereafter the Rolex Awards), a philanthropic programme of Rolex SA of Geneva, aim to encourage a spirit of enterprise in individuals around the world by supporting outstanding endeavors in areas that advance human knowledge and well-being. The award provides catalytic funding to people who implement or scale up concrete projects, work plans or activities.
The Rolex Awards for Enterprise were launched in 1976 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Oyster, the world’s first waterproof wristwatch. The awards identify and invest in exceptional people around the world who are carrying out pioneering projects. Rolex Laureates are of all nationalities and backgrounds. They are united by a talent for independent thinking and the capacity to embrace projects that require creativity and determination in the face of considerable odds.
In 2021, Rolex will offer five Rolex Awards for Enterprise. Rolex Award Laureates are chosen through a meticulous process that involves peer review, assessment, interview and evaluation of the likelihood of their project achieving its aims. This generates a short-list of candidates from whom an independent jury of international experts selects the Laureates. The jury typically includes eminent explorers, scientists, entrepreneurs and educators convened from around the globe. Rolex may conduct a public engagement campaign on a number of finalists, asking members of the public to vote for the projects that inspire them the most. In that case, results of the public vote will not be published: they will be given confidentially to the jury of the 2021 Rolex Awards, informing and assisting them to determine the selection of the five 2021 Laureates.
- 5 Laureates receive a cash grant of 200,000 Swiss francs to advance their projects.
- Rolex ensures winners receive access to its network of 150 Laureates, international publicity through media coverage and a Rolex chronometer.
- The Laureates will receive their awards at an event organized by Rolex SA.
- Rolex SA may grant other cash prizes to applicants worthy of support.
- The 2021 Rolex Awards for Enterprise are open to all candidates over 18.
- The application must be completed in English.
- Candidates are allowed to fill in only one application.
- The candidate should be the person who plays a leading role in the project or the organization.
- The 2021 Rolex Awards for Enterprise do not provide scholarships for academic studies.
- Candidates have a maximum of two weeks to complete their pre-application form once they create an account.
- The Rolex Awards invite applications that fall into the following areas: the environment, science & health, applied technology, cultural heritage; and exploration. Proposals must expand knowledge of our world, improve the quality of life on the planet or contribute to the betterment of humankind.
- Applicants must submit proposals that are envisaged for the future or that have been completed only in part. Projects, work plans or activities that will be finished when the Awards are announced in 2021 cannot be considered.
- Apply online through the given link.
- The candidates will be notified prior to June 1, 2021 of the status of their application.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020 (88 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link