The Pan African Youth Festival is an African Youth forum convened by the Pan African Youth Federation that brings together African youth from across the continent, civil society actors, duty bearers, key strategic stake holders, the academia, youth leaders and the general public to awaken their conscious and catalyze their active engagement in the African integration processes across the entire spectrum. The overarching goal is to position African youth firmly at the center of the integration processes, leverage on their creative energies and issues into the fore and build a strong social fabric necessary for the success of the African integration process, interact and have an interface with their leaders and policy makers to interrogate the current continental issues and generate practical solutions to some of the continent’s most intractable problems.
The Pan African youth festival is Africa´s most inspiring youth event that celebrates, empowers, and connects the African youth innovators, conveners and breakthrough actors driving Action for the Agenda 2063/ Sustainable Development Goals and transforming lives.
The Pan-African Youth Festival is anchored on Arts, Culture, technology and conversations which offer young Africans an opportunity to engage on multiple platforms and critical issues. Participants engage in a wide range of robust activities ranging from self-organized coverings, solidarity marches, music, cultural expressions sports, road shows and community outreach.
The Pan African Youth Festival springs from the need for young people owned and driven African cohesion processes as envisaged in the Article 26(i) of the African Youth Charter which calls African youth to fully promote patriotism and unity towards the cohesion of Africa.
- The Pan African Youth festival provides a viable forum for public engagement in the policy debate. Policy dialogue will be deepened, gaps defined and popular input made to inform key policy recommendations.
- Strategic Alliances strengthened; The Pan African Youth Festival will facilitate building of purposeful cross-border alliances and solidarities for the young African community participatory transformative change and advocacy.
- Capacities enhanced; The Pan African Youth Festival will provide opportunity for cross-border skills and knowledge sharing and transfer amongst young Africans.
- Advocacy The Pan African Youth Festival is committed to enhancing the youth capacities and effectiveness of social movements in driving Africa’s productive potentials towards a positive transformative continent. Effective advocacy campaigns are and have been proven to be a key tool for social movements. The Pan African Youth Festival is therefore dedicated to strengthening the advocacy capabilities of the youth participants.
- Fast-tracking of African Youth Charter implementation by different youth stakeholders on the continent.
- Widen strategic youth frontiers; The Festival also seeks to expand the influence of young social movements and to promote innovations for greater effectiveness. The Pan African Youth Festival will provide an opportunity for extending these initiatives.
- Civic Awareness, Competence and Engagement enhanced; The ultimate objective is direct and substantive civic participation. Enhanced civic awareness and competence are a pre-requisite. The Pan African Youth Festival is a critical contribution to this end.
- Increase your knowledge, contacts and skills sets to boost your career
- Create a lasting legacy of Pan African Youth Festival 2018
Young professionals and students from different corners of the Africa between the ages of 18 to 35Eligible Regions: African Countries
- Apply online through the given link.
- Your Form will be selected/evaluated by committee
- Complete administration
Application Deadline: October 6, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link