The Singapore International Water Week today launched a call for nominations for the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize (LKYWP) 2024 – a prestigious international award that honours outstanding contributions by individuals or organisations towards solving the world’s water challenges by developing or applying innovative technologies, policies or programmes which benefit humanity.
Singapore’s Minister for Sustainability and the Environment Grace Fu announced the opening of nominations for the LKYWP 2024 in a speech delivered at a side event hosted by Singapore during the UN 2023 Water Conference in New York. The Singapore event – “Water, Technology and Sustainable Development” – was well attended by international leaders in the water sector who shared best practices in leveraging technology for sustainable water management. The leaders also shared how the international community can work collectively to catalyse innovation for a water-resilient future, in support of Sustainable Development Goal 6.
The LKYWP is named after Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Mr Lee Kuan Yew, whose foresight and leadership have enabled Singapore to attain a sustainable water supply despite being a highly urbanised city-state with little natural water resources. Since its inception in 2008, the Prize, which is sponsored by Temasek Foundation, has gained a strong standing in the global water community for its recognition of innovative water technologies, policies or programmes that have been game-changers in their real-world application.
The honour roll for the Prize includes Laureates who have developed ground-breaking solutions in membrane technology and used water treatment, as well as holistic water policies and management practices, that have benefitted the lives of millions. Their achievements represent the pinnacle in sustainable water solutions that have made a difference to cities and people around the world.
The LKYWP 2024 Laureate will be announced next year, on World Water Day, on 22 March 2024. The Laureate will receive S$300,000, a gold medallion and a certificate, at an award ceremony during the 10th Singapore International Water Week, to be held from 18 to 22 June 2024 in Singapore.
- The Laureate will receive S$300,000, a gold medallion and a certificate, at an award ceremony during the 10th Singapore International Water Week, to be held from 18 to 22 June 2024 in Singapore.
- Leaders of international water companies and water utilities,
- top academics in water research, policy and/or management
- heads of international organisations, members of government,
- Distinguished individuals in the field of water are welcome to submit nominations of suitable candidates for the LKYWP 2024.
- The submission of nominations for Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize 2024 follows a rigorous two-stage process.
- The first stage is for the nominator to submit a citation of the nominee. Self-nominations and nominations by family members of nominees will not be accepted. Self-nomination includes nomination made by an individual from the same organisation as the nominee.
- In the second stage, nominators of shortlisted nominees will be informed to submit a full nomination, including a detailed write-up of the cited technological innovation and/or the implemented water policy and programme, recommendation letters and additional supporting documents.
- The Nominator can nominate multiple Nominees.
- Please use one form per Nominee.
- The Nominator should seek consent from the Nominee(s) before submitting the online form.
- The Prize Secretariat has the right to verify with the Nominee(s) whether consent has been sought for the nomination to be valid. D. The Nominator has to submit a citation as part of the online submission.
- The deadline for the online submission is 30 June 2023, Friday, 6pm (+8 GMT).
- Please note that the submission has to be completed once you proceed. You will not be able to save your submission and come back to it later. Once the nomination is submitted, it cannot be edited further.
- Please ensure that you have the following details before you proceed.
- (1) A softcopy of the Nominee’s CV with photo (individual) or prospectus/write-up (organisation) for uploading.
- (2) A softcopy of the citation document for uploading. Please download the template here: https://go.gov.sg/lkywp2024citationform
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link
For Further QueriesFor enquiries or more information on the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize, please contact: [email protected] Singapore International Water Week Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize Secretariat 40 Scotts Road, #22-01, Environment Building Singapore 228231
Disclaimer: Youth Opportunities spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.