This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
* This program is an activity within the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development: Towards achieving the SDGs (ESD for 2030).
“Youth Creating a Peaceful Future”
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$740 as of Feb. 2023) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$370 as of Feb. 2023) and gift … 3 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
- 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
* Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2023 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2023.
* They are unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2023) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Entries must be submitted online.
- To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page, and follow the required steps.
- Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link