D-Prize seeds new ventures that distribute proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet we have found many proven interventions with large delivery gaps. Millions of people still don’t have access to basic poverty-fighting tools.
Can you design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale? Submit your design for a new organization that solves one of Distribution Challenges. D-Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
D-Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
- ROUND 1
Submit your concept note and resume(s). We generally receive 1700 submissions per competition.
- ROUND 2
Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to answer short written questions. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
- FINAL ROUND
Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individual sand their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- You are not competing against other applicants. We typically fund at least 15 proposals per competition, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
- Proposals must be written in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. We only want to understand your idea.
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered
- Prepare your concept note and resume(s), and clearly name your files. Concept notes and resumes can be separate documents. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
- Proposals must be written in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. They only want to understand your idea.
- Download application packet: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58cdcd1f197aea52163b1b51/t/62479adecfb4dd7278b82181/1648859870482/Round+1+Application+Packet+%28Revised%29.pdf
- Input your contact details and upload your documents to the Apply Now link
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link