Cisco aims to positively impact 1 billion people by 2025. As a part of this mission, they seek to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive but also drive and thrive in the increasingly digital economy. With the Internet of Things (IoT) and digital technologies connecting devices and data, good ideas now have the ability to make a difference more quickly than ever before – and Cisco is here to help.
Their fifth annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that influence technology for social impact from early-stage entrepreneurs around the world.
Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from early-stage entrepreneurs around the world. Our goal is to advance early-stage projects that are beyond the concept or idea formation stage, but which have not yet generated over $1M USD in funding and/or revenue. Applicants may be nonprofit or for-profit business entities, or they may not yet have formed a legal business entity.
A team of industry and subject-matter experts from within and outside of Cisco will evaluate each entry based on its integration of digital technologies, level of innovation, and technical and business feasibility including the likelihood of sustainability, impact, and clarity to determine the winning solutions.
- $1,000,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
- $250,000 USD Grand Prize
A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD Regional First Runners-Up
Three teams from Americas, EMEAR and APJC will be designated the regional first runners-up and will receive $75,000 USD each.
- $50,000 USD Second Runners-Up
Three teams will be designated the second runners-up and will receive $50,000 USD each.
- $25,000 USD Third Runners-Up
Three teams will be designated the third runners-up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD Fourth Runners-Up
Three teams will be designated the fourth runners-up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s Choice
The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- $10,000 USD Cisco Employees’ Choice
The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the Cisco Employees’ Choice Award.
- In addition to the general prizes above they are offering five special prizes, of $50,000 USD each, to support important solutions and focus areas.
- This Contest is open and offered only to
- individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Individual Participant”),
- teams of up to five individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Team Participant”), and
- legal business entities (“Business Entity Participant”).
- PLEASE NOTE: Individual Participants, Team Participants, and/or Business Entity Participants that have previously received monetary awards in the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge or a Cisco prize at the Rice Business Plan Competition are not eligible for this Contest.
- Confirmation of eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes.
- This Contest is not open to:
- employees or internally contracted vendors of Sponsor or its parent/subsidiaries, agents and affiliates;
- the immediate family members or members of the same household of any such employee or vendor;
- anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Contest;
- employees or internally contracted vendors of governments and government-affiliated companies or organizations; or
- any employee whose employer’s guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Contest or acceptance of the prize(s).
- This Contest is not open to Individual Participants who are permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada during the Contest period, Team Participants with one or more team members who are permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada during the Contest period, or Business Participants located or registered in the province of Quebec, Canada, of which one or more of the owners are permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada during the Contest period. Canadian participants may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of a permanent address, business location(s) and/or registration (as applicable) outside of Quebec for verification purposes. In addition, residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Sudan are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void in these countries and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
Eligible Regions: Open for all except for permanent residents Quebec, Canada during the Contest period
- Apply online through the given link.
- An “Entry” must be an original idea for an early-stage technology-enabled solution that drives economic development and/or solves social or environmental problems as described further on the Site.
- The party submitting an Entry is referred to as a “Participant” or “you.” Participants may submit an Entry individually, or as part of a team, or as a Business Entity.
- As used herein, “Entry” means all submissions, original ideas, videos, documents or other materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest.
- Each Entry must be the original creation of the Participant.
- Once submitted, Entries may not be cancelled, removed or revoked by the Participant. Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns are in no way obligated to use or continue to use any Entry.
- You can participate as an individual, as part of a team, or as a business entity.
- Teams may have a maximum of 5 members.
- If you are registering as part of a team, your team leader will need to register first and then can invite you to register as a member of the team, using your email address.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2021 (8 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link