Applications for the Study UK Alumni Awards are now open.
The Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, professions and countries.
If you, or someone you know, studied in the UK and have gone on to achieve exceptional success, are encouraged to apply.
There are three award categories:
- Professional Achievement Award – recognizing alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
- Entrepreneurial Award – recognizing alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for strong growth.
- Social Impact Award – recognizing alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
- All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences.
- Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
- Opportunities to connect with people of influence at award ceremonies, and afterwards: Alumni Award winners in India met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Queen’s birthday party celebrations in Delhi
- Press and PR opportunities and increased national/regional/global profile: Alumni Award winners have been featured in national newspapers of participating countries, for example, the Jakarta Post in Indonesia, and the Daily Graphic in Ghana
- Professional contacts and connections
- Reconnecting with UK university and the UK
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
- The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living outside of the UK only.
- Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2005 – 2020)
- enrolled at an officially recognized (178 institutions) or listed (679 institutions)UK higher education institution
- at degree level* or above
- either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognized or listed UK HEI, outside the UK.
- Professional short courses: alumni are only eligible if the course they studied was at degree level (or above), offered by a recognized UK institution in the UK (and they fulfill the rest of the criteria). Post-doc researchers are ineligible.
- All applicants, except global award winners, from the Alumni Awards in previous years may re-apply if they meet this year’s eligibility criteria. Winners from previous national-level awards will be considered for global awards only.
- Applicants must not be currently employed by the British Council or Gradcore. Applicants must disclose if they are an immediate family member of a British Council or Gradcore employee.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link