Call for applications for BookPecker Fellowship Programme 2021 by PeaceX Global Literacy Project is open!!!
Project BookPecker is looking for spirited, social-minded individuals to join a global network of emerging impact leaders and work towards deepening the roots of education.
Project BookPecker is a trailblazing grassroots project by PeaceX (a member organisation of UNEP Major Group for Children and Youth) which aims to expand the frontiers of literacy across socio-economic divisions and rethink pedagogy. Project BookPecker fellows are brilliant, astute individuals with a certain inclination towards the field of curriculum development, teaching, and educational management. From a veritable diversity of professional backgrounds and walks of life, our fellows channelise their collective energies to ideate approaches to topic areas, enhance current instructional methods, create bite-sized audiovisual modules, conduct sessions for students, and contribute towards the digitalisation of education.
Project BookPecker works on creating curriculum on both avant-garde subjects conceptualised by the BookPecker team and conventional academic subjects found in curriculum standards and boards worldwide. These subjects include: English, Social Science, Mathematics, Science, Basic Legal & Human Rights, Innovation & Extra-curricular Studies, Sustainable Development Studies, Life Skills, Special Education Needs, Happiness Curriculum & Mental Health, Cognitive Concepts, Health & Hygiene, Menstrual Health & Computer Literacy.
In the inaugural cohort of the fellowship, 56 fellows from 40+ countries became a part of Project BookPecker and strived to actualize the fourth Sustainable Development Goal on quality, inclusive education. BookPecker fellows hailed from prestigious educational institutions like Harvard University, Cambridge University, King’s College London, University of Alberta, Georgia Tech University, and University of Delhi, pioneering companies in the consulting, public sector, education, FMGC, software development, real estate, and oil and gas industries, and social sector organisations like Teach for Bangladesh and Teach for Nigeria.
The fellowship is conducted remotely due to the restrictions imposed in the wake of Covid-19.
- Opportunity to work on a project that will impact a large number of underprivileged communities by contributing towards reducing the digital divide.
- Opportunity to attend a host of capacity-building and skill development sessions conducted by leading teachers, leaders from grassroots initiatives, and personal development instructors.
- Free career-counselling sessions
- Get experience on curriculum development, teaching, and an array of digital tools.
- Certificate upon successful completion of the fellowship
- Letter of Recommendation from the founders of PeaceX
PeaceX is a volunteer-run organisation. We do not provide a stipend or honorarium for any position at PeaceX.
- Pursuing/completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in any field
- Be above 18 years old at the time of application
- Be available for a part-time, remote opportunity
- Be available to commit at least 12-16 voluntary hours per week
- Interested individuals are requested to fill the application through the Apply Now link
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview
- Those who clear the interview will be selected as Fellows and receive special training from experts
Application Deadline: November 7, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link