Falling Walls Engage & Robert Bosch Stiftung are looking for the “Science Engager of the Year 2019”. Apply and win a trip to Berlin!
Falling Walls Engage is an international platform for all forms of science engagement, hosted by Falling Walls in cooperation with the Robert Bosch Stiftung. Its goal is to showcase successful science engagement projects from a wide range of fields. From public science to pub science, from kindergarten education to VR experiences, and from citizen science to journalism, Falling Walls Engage connects those who tear down the walls between science and the public. The programme seeks to highlight the scientific community’s responsibility for the common good and spread scientific literacy, with a special focus on “hard-to-reach” target groups.
Falling Walls Engage asks organisations and individuals active in science engagement to submit their successful projects or initiatives. The international call is open to all forms of science engagement, with a particular focus on impactful, cost-effective and novel approaches to building opportunities for dialogue and participation. The best submissions will be invited to share their science engagement projects on 8 November in a fast-paced pitch competition in front of a peer audience and a distinguished jury.
Presenting the “Falling Walls Science Engagement of the Year”, the winner will get the chance to pitch their project on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference to an audience of 750 global leaders, decision-makers, and international media representatives. All participating projects will be digitally documented and presented on an interactive learning website to inspire both professionals and the general public. Following the presentation pitches, co-learning workshops will create an opportunity for further discussion, exchange of expertise and cooperation.
All selected participants will receive an invitation to join the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November.
Above all, Falling Walls Engage is a platform to showcase outstanding science engagement efforts with a special focus on hard-to-reach target groups.
- Present your science engagement project in front of a high-level jury of international experts of science communicators and scientists
- If you become the “Falling Walls Science Engager of the Year”, present your project in front of a high-level audience of 750 institution leaders from business, finance, academia and government at the Falling Walls Conference
- Get international visibility and media coverage for your science engagement project
- Join the Falling Walls Engage network of science engagers from all over the world
- Receive a ticket for the full Falling Walls programme and exclusive networking functions (worth 1.850 Euro)
- Your travel- and accommodation costs will be fully covered
- Benefit from a coaching and intense preparation for the presentation
- The 20 best submissions will be invited to share their science engagement projects on 8 November in a fast-paced pitch competition in front of a peer audience and a distinguished jury
- The winner will get the chance to pitch their project on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference to an audience of 750 global leaders, decision-makers, and international media representatives
- All selected participants will receive an invitation to join the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November and its network of international science leaders, media, and outreach professionals
- Increase international visibility for your organisation’s science engagement work
- Share your experiences and learn from like-minded people in a co-learning environment
- Become part of a sustainable community dedicated to a common cause – pushing forward the dialogue between science and society.
Falling Walls Engage is open to science engagers whose science engagement projects are already running. You cannot participate in case you are still in the idea-phase.
Submissions from any field of science engagement, communication, outreach, education – large or small – are welcome. The most impactful, novel, and cost-effective projects will be invited to Berlin (travel and accommodation costs will be covered). We are looking for:
- all forms of science engagement with a focus on impactful, cost-effective, novel approaches to building opportunities for dialogue and participation in science
- hidden champions from the whole world who pursue scalable projects
- initiatives with local impact or wider outreach with the potential to become role models for other projects or scientists
- new ways of communication and cooperation with the goal of empowering scientists to engage with public audiences
If you have already participated in Falling Walls Engage as a presenter on stage, you cannot apply again.Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Get an overview of the full application form by downloading the PDF form from the Official link.
- Once you have submitted your application online, send a 1-minute application video to [email protected] answering these three questions:
- How do you change the way people engage with science?
- What surprised you the most in realising your project?
- Why should we select you?
- By submitting your project you consent to their terms and conditions (Check the Official link for details).
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link