The Bayeux Calvados-Normandy Award for War Correspondents rewards reports about a conflict situation or its impact on civilians, or news stories involving the defense of freedom and democracy. The media categories represented are radio – photography – television (short and long formats) – written press and the young reporter prize.
Reports published or broadcast only on digital media can apply the same way as others (regardless of whether the report has been published in the photo category).
• The Young Reporter’s Award: in 2023, the category is written press. Since there is a different category according to the years, the presented story must have been realized between June 1st, 2021 to May 31, 2023.
• Written press category: the application must comprise an article or a series of 1 to 5 articles on the same subject.
• Television category: the report’s length must be between 1 minute 30 seconds and 6 minutes. The report submitted must be identical to the broadcast piece.
• Grand format television category: the report’s length must be between 6 and 30 minutes. The report submitted must be identical to the broadcast piece.
• Radio category: the report’s length must be between 1 minute and 6 minutes. The report submitted must be identical to the broadcast piece.
• Photo category: the application comprises a report comprising 8 to 15 photos.
- VIDEO IMAGE PRIZE SPONSORED BY ARTE, FRANCE 24, AND FRANCE TÉLÉVISIONS 2022
Mstyslav CHERNOV – ASSOCIATED PRESS “Marioupol – la mort d’une ville ukrainienne” – UKRAINE
- TELEVISION TROPHY – REGIONAL PRIZE FOR STUDENTS AND TRAINEES OF NORMANDY 2022
Dorothée OLLIERIC, Nicolas AUER, Mortaza BEHBOUDI – France 2 “Les petites filles afghanes vendues pour survivre” – AFGHANISTAN
- TELEVISION TROPHY – INTERNATIONAL JURY AWARDED BY AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL 2022
Théo MANEVAL, Pierre DEHOORNE – France 5 – C dans l’air “Viktor et le baiser de la guerre” – UKRAINE
- PRINT TROPHY – OUEST-FRANCE – JEAN MARIN 2022
Nicolas DELESALLE – PARIS MATCH “Ukraine : le convoi de la dernière chance” – UKRAINE
- PHOTO TROPHY – INTERNATIONAL JURY AWARDED BY NIKON 2022
Evgeniy MALOLETKA – ASSOCIATED PRESS “A Siege in Mariupol” – UKRAINE
- PHOTO TROPHY – PUBLIC’S CHOICE AWARD SPONSORED BY THE FRENCH DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (AFD) 2022
Vadim GHIRDA – ASSOCIATED PRESS “War in Ukraine” – UKRAINE
- YOUNG REPORTER TROPHY (PHOTO) – INTERNATIONAL JURY AWARDED BY CRÉDIT AGRICOLE NORMANDIE 2022
Abdulmonam EASSA – FREELANCE pour LE MONDE, THE NEW YORK TIMES, GETTY IMAGES “La rage pacifique ne meurt pas” – SOUDAN
- RADIO TROPHY – INTERNATIONAL JURY AWARDED BY THE D-DAY LANDING COMMITTEE 2022
Maurine MERCIER – France INFO – RTS “Guerre en Ukraine : une mère et sa fille racontent deux semaines de viols et de terreur à Boutcha” – UKRAINE
- GRAND FORMAT TELEVISION TROPHY – INTERNATIONAL TROPHY CRISIS GROUP 2022
Philip COX – THE GUARDIAN “Le Spiderman du Soudan” – SOUDAN
Ten prizes are awarded.
Seven prizes are awarded by the international jury
- Written Press Prize sponsored by the Calvados Department – €7,000
- Television Prize sponsored by Amnesty International- €7,000
- Radio Prize sponsored by the D-Day Landing Committee – €7,000
- Photo Prize sponsored by Nikon – €7,000
- Grand format Television Prize sponsored by International Crisis Group – €7,000
- Young Reporter Prize sponsored by Crédit Agricole Normandie – €3,000
- Video image Prize sponsored by Arte, France 24, and France Télévisions – €3,000
Three special prizes
- The Ouest-France – Jean Marin Prize (written press) – €4,000
- The Public Prize (photo) sponsored by the Agence Française de Développement – €3,000
- The Normandy Region Secondary School Students’ Prize (television) – €3,000
- War Correspondents with a report on a conflict situation.
- The report must have been made between June 1, 2022, and May 31, 2023.
The report must have been made between June 1st, 2022 to May 31, 2023. The reports must be submitted to the following address by June 6, 2023: [email protected]
A download link is preferred (wetransfer or other)
Application Deadline: June 6, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link