Culture Resource is pleased to launch the open call for the 2021 round of the Production Awards program which supports artists and writers from the Arab region, under the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects.
The program supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects. Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video. The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic expression.
Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region.
The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: Development and production of theatre, dance and other performing arts works.
- Visual arts: Production and organization of visual arts exhibitions, installations, and art books.
- Literature: Creation and publication of novels, shorts stories, poetry collections and theater texts.
- Music: Creation and recording of audio and audiovisual music works.
- Cinema/video: Production of short, medium-length and feature fictional, documentary, animated and experimental films and videos works.
- The program offers grants of up to $10,000 for projects in the following categories: literature, performing arts, visual arts and music.
- In the cinema/video category, the program offers grants of up to $15,000.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018.
- Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded;
- Applicants must originate from an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad;
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must include with their application a copy of their birth certificate, a letter of approval signed by a parent or guardian, and a copy of the identity card/passport of that parent/guardian.
- Applicants must attach a detailed budget projection, in the local currency of their country, for the project they plan to carry out.
- Applicants must include a detailed CV.
- They should also include a photocopy of their identity card or passport.
- Please read the application guidelines carefully before completing the application form.
- The application must be completed entirely in Arabic, apart from the blanks that require English.
- Include all necessary supporting documents (see the guidelines) with the application form.
- Note: Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements and that do not include all required attachments and supporting documents will be eliminated and not be forwarded to the jury.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020 (3 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link