The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region. The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic and literary expression.
Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region.
Award grants are also available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: Development and production of theater, dance and other performing arts works.
- Visual arts: Development and production of artworks, exhibits, installations and books in the various visual arts disciplines, including sculpture, engraving, photography and light art
- Literature: Creation and publication of novels, shorts stories, poetry collections and theater texts.
- Music: Creation and recording of audio and audiovisual music works.
- Cinema/video: Production of short, medium-length and feature fictional, documentary, animated and
experimental films and videos works. Grants are available for projects in the development, production and post-production stages.
- The program offers grants of up to $10,000 for projects in the following categories: literature, performing arts, visual arts and music.
- In the cinema/video category, the program offers grants of up to $15,000.
- In literature, performing arts, visual arts and music the total projected budget for the proposed project must not exceed $20,000.
- In the cinema/video category, the amount of the projected budget for the proposed project is open.
- Disbursal of the grants: The first instalment (60-70 per cent of the total amount of the grant) is paid upon signing the contacts. The second instalment (15-20 per cent) is paid when grantees furnish Culture Resource with the contractually stipulated reports and materials that document the progress of the project. The remainder (15-20 per cent) is paid once grantees furnish Culture Resource the required financial and narrative reports following the completion of their projects.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of the next first of January. Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded;
- Applicants must originate from an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad;
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
- Applicants must attach a detailed budget projection, in the local currency of their country, for the project they plan to carry out.
- Applicants may not apply for support for more than one project, whether in a single discipline or more than one discipline.
- Should the applicant have another funding source, he/she must clarify this in the application form and in the projected budget for the proposed project.
- Applications will not be accepted from previous recipients of Culture Resource production awards until three years have lapsed after they received their previous grant.
- The projects proposed in the applications must be completed within at most 18 months after the date the contracts are signed between the grantee and Culture Resource.
- The grant may not be used to purchase machinery or equipment.
- In the event that the Culture Resource grant does not cover the full amount budgeted for the project, the grantee must clarify his/her other sources of funding for the project within 90 days after obtaining the grant or else the grant will be cancelled.
- A grantee must pledge to furnish two guarantors for his/her project. At least one of the guarantors must be fully aware of the nature of the project to be carried out and an expert in the relevant field. The guarantors shall agree to all the articles of the contract, cosign it, and pledge to guarantee the implementation of the project and to return any grant money disbursed in the event that the project is not completed by the contractually agreed upon deadline.
- The application must be submitted by: a film director for projects in the cinema/video category, a theatre director, choreographer or dance performance director for the performing arts, a writer for the literature production award, a musician or performer for the music category, and the main artist or curator for the visual arts.
- The applications must be completed in Arabic on the form available on the application’s website.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must include with their application a copy of their birth certificate, a letter of approval signed by a parent or guardian, and a copy of the identity card/passport of that parent/guardian.
- Applicants must include a detailed CV.They should also include a photocopy of their identity card or passport.
- Applications that are incomplete or lack the necessary attachments and supporting documents will not be considered.
- To apply, please register on the Production Awards online application website (see link below) with a username and password. Please bear in mind that the production awards for the cinema/video category have a separate application form.
- Applicants may save their applications in progress at any point and return to them later.
- Please follow the following steps in order to create an account and register on the online applications platform:
- Enter the online applications site and fill in the required registration information.
- After clicking the “register” icon, you will receive a link by email. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Once you activated your account, you can re-enter the online application platform using your email address and password. You will then find the application form which you can fill out online.
Application Deadline: November 8, 2021 (20 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link