Join the international All Out Photo Award and show how LGBT+ people around the world resist attacks and discrimination, support each other in these difficult times, and heal together from struggles and pain.
In so many countries around the world, LGBT+ people continue to face a disproportionate impact from COVID-19. Existing marginalization, dependence on the informal economy and pre-existing health vulnerabilities, particularly HIV, are all combining to leave queer communities horribly exposed. All this comes on top of existing challenges of the discrimination and violence queer communities were already facing. Attacks on LGBT+ people continued as more “LGBT-free zones” were established in Poland, innocent LGBT+ people were arrested and mistreated in countries like Russia, Cameroon, and Tunisia, and many were targeted by hate crimes, and denied access to basic human rights.
Throughout all these difficulties, the LGBT+ community has persisted and resisted. Here at All Out, a global movement for the rights of LGBT+ people, they have witnessed an unprecedented wave of solidarity and support from people all over the world helping those in need.
The All Out Photo Award is a photography competition that is motivated by that solidarity. Inspired by the theme of this year’s International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT), “Together: Resisting, Supporting, Healing!”, the competition calls on photographers to share unique photos that capture how LGBT+ people and their communities and allies around the world resist attacks and discrimination, support each other in these difficult times, and heal together.
The All Out Photo Award is being presented by MTV and All Out.
All submitting photographers will benefit from:
- Submission review by our jury of LGBT+ professional photographers
- Opportunities for immediate exposure (e.g. across social networks and websites)
All participants will have their work viewed by an international panel of professional photographers, and have the opportunity to win the following prizes:
- The winners in each of the three categories will receive a cash prize of USD $1,000
- The runners-up (two in each category) will receive a print voucher from BayPhoto.com valued at USD $300 and a one year subscription to Flickr Pro valued at $72
The winning and runner-up photographs will
- be displayed on the big screen at ViacomCBS headquarters in Times Square, New York City during Pride season
- be included in promotion on MTV, LOGO TV, and All Out social media channels
- have their work printed and exhibited at WorldPride Copenhagen 2021 and several galleries around the world
- receive international media exposure
- receive a dedicated feature on All Out’s website and online gallery
- receive additional opportunities for exhibition and publication through All Out and its partners
- The All Out Photo Award is an open call to photographers of all skill levels and abilities.
- They encourage submissions from anyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, nationality, or any other characteristic or status.
- Amateur and professional photographers alike are invited to submit photos in one or more of three categories (up to 5 photos per category) based on the three themes of IDAHOBIT 2021: Resisting, Supporting, Healing.
- Show your photos of how LGBT+ people and their communities and allies around the world resist attacks and discrimination.
- Share your photos that show how LGBT+ people and their communities and allies support each other in difficult times.
- Submit photos that show how LGBT+ people and their communities and allies take steps forward to collectively heal from experienced struggles and pain.
- Submissions from all photographic genres and from anyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, nationality, or any other characteristic or status are welcome.
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link