Applications are open for the 7th Annual Millennium Oceans Prize! Apply now!
The Millennium Oceans Prize is returning for its seventh year to support and celebrate students who are passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
The Millennium Oceans Prize celebrates youth activism advancing Marine and Freshwater conservation, and sustainable use of oceans, seas, rivers, lakes and marine resources. Initiatives that champion sustainable fisheries will receive special consideration. The objectives of this Prize are reflected in the proposed United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #14. Prize winners will receive mentorship and a $5,000 prize for the implementation of a concrete campaign idea to spark change and garner support in advocacy, policy, and leadership for oceans and freshwater systems. The Prize and Campaign it enables is supported by Millennium Campus Network (MCN) and the Remmer Family Foundation.
They are looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally peers to mobilize in this sector. How can one engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to fight for and champion advocacy and leadership for the oceans, freshwater systems, sustainable fishing, and marine conservation? The campaign could take shape through activism, social entrepreneurship, or research. How will one mobilize their community and inspire youth leaders worldwide to take part in the fight for sustainable practices that protect oceans and freshwater systems?
The best part of this prize is the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who care just as much about the oceans and marine resources as you do. Here are the specifics:
- Up to $5,000 to implement the winning campaign
- Mentorship and support from MCN
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14
- Write for our media partners about the campaign
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved
- Young leaders who have demonstrated the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year.
- Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire.
- Thereby only undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
Apply Online through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 16, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link