Nominations are open for the 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards which will see winners awarded a cash grant to scale-up development work benefiting their communities. The awards are being delivered in partnership with the Commonwealth Youth Council and the Commonwealth Youth Networks.
Young leaders from across the 54 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories:
- Europe and Canada; and
A Pan-Commonwealth panel will judge the entries based on the impact, sustainability and level of innovation.
Are you a young change-maker that fits the below criteria? Do not miss out on the opportunity to nominate yourself or a youth leader working on achieving the 17 SDG in your community. Submit a nomination today!
- Judges will choose 20 finalists who will each receive a trophy, a certificate and £1,000 in cash.
- Of the 20, five regional winners will be chosen and awarded an additional £2,000.
- The finalists and regional winners will be announced during Commonwealth week in March 2021.
- There will be an overall winner who will receive the title of Commonwealth
- Young Person of the Year 2021, and a total cash prize of £5,000.
This year’s award includes special recognition for young people who have made outstanding efforts to tackle development challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer; and
- show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work and contribute to one of the 17 sustainable development goals.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2020 (27 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link