The Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development aims to recognize global innovative practices that have made a positive impact; and continue to improve the quality of people’s life leading to the cities of the future.
Established in 1995—under the directive of the late Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum during the United Nations International Conference in Dubai—as an outcome of the Dubai Declaration. This declaration created the international concept of sharing Best Practices for the accelerated development of the human settlements sector.
The Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development has continued to receive support from H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai and H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and Industry and Chairman of Dubai Municipality.
Now reaching its 25th year, the award is recognized the world’s best practices that demonstrate valuable contributions to sustainable urban development, as a result of effective partnerships between public, private, and civic sectors in these areas:
- Urban Regeneration and Public Spaces
- Construction of Sustainable, Innovative and Smart Buildings
- Sustaining Urban Food Systems
- Addressing Climate Change and Reducing Pollution
- Urban Infrastructure Planning and Management
The Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development aims to recognize excellence and support human settlements best practices and to create a global and unique knowledge sharing platform for best practices in human settlements.
- To be awarded in November 2020 during Expo 2020 Dubai.
- Total award prizes: $1 Million
The following groups can participate in this competition:
- National and local governments
- Non-governmental organizations
- Corporate and Private sector companies
- Academic institutions
- Media entities
- Individuals (Researchers, professional teams, etc.)
- The project, subject of the application, shall be implemented with tangible results for a period of at least one year (project launch should not exceed five years from the date of application)
- The applicant should comply to the award eligibility criteria
- The applicant should submit all requirements within the announced deadlines
- The applicant should not participate in more than one project per category. The submitted project cannot be used in more than one category
- The applicant should complete the online application form and submit all requirements on the official award website
- The applicant must provide official documents to prove his status in relation to the submitted project as individual, organization or corporate (ID documents, Authorization letter, Commercial / Registration license, etc.)
- By applying to the award, the applicant gives full authorization to the award management to archive the submitted content and use it for specific publications. It is not of his/her right to request the recovery or restrict the team to publish or share some of the
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link