With a population of over 600 million, Southeast Asia is one of the fastest growing regions in the world. Despite this, ASEAN still faces many social, health & environmental challenges that impede its progress. The ASEAN youths are invited to help shape the future by harnessing data to highlight key issues in ASEAN. Use data analytics to propose solutions that can make a difference to its people. Join the competition today, if you are an ASEAN National above 16 years of age, and currently studying at a tertiary institution in Southeast Asia. Attractive prizes await!
The ASEAN Data Science Explorers (ADSE) is a data analytics competition that aims to enhance awareness and appreciation of the ASEAN community amongst young people through digital literacy intervention. Students are required to use SAP Analytics Cloud software to conduct data analytics.
In this year #ASEANDSE, applicants are required to analyze key social issues around the Sustainable Development Goals (#SDGs) and ASEAN Blueprints 2025 by focusing on six issues, which are:
– Good Health and Well-Being.
– Quality Education.
– Gender Equality.
– Innovation, Industry, and Infrastructure.
– Decent Work and Economic Growth.
– Sustainable Cities and Communities
with the support of SAP Analytics Cloud software to do the data analytics.
Could your idea be the next solution to help ASEAN to reach its #SDGs? Let your idea be heard!
- Participants will have a chance to learn more about the ASEAN culture.
- At the highest honor of the regional finals, the 10 national finalists will be given the opportunity to present their winning ideas to a panel of judges which comprises of distinguished representatives from the ASEAN Foundation, SAP and various government or NGO organizations.
- National Finalists will also be given the opportunity to catch the finals of the Woman’s Tennis Association (WTA) finals taking place in Singapore, in conjunction with the ADSE regional finals.
- You need to be a full-time tertiary student currently pursuing your Diploma / Undergraduate studies in one of the tertiary institutions in Southeast Asia (includes Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)
- You need to be above the age of 16 at the start of the Contest Period. Parental consent is required for participants under the age of 18
- You need to have another partner to form a team of two in order to register for the competition
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link