The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) is inviting applicants for its Ideas4Change for the SDGs Award. The event will show-case how innovative entrepreneurial talent can contribute to address today’s social and environmental challenges, through new groundbreaking ideas that can become successful business.
It will take place in the context of the UNECE Regional Forum on Sustainable Development (25 April) and Commission Session 2017 in Geneva (26-27 April)
Areas of Interest:
- Energy: Energy, e.g. smart energy consumption habits, zero emission energy sources, smart applications for energy efficiency; small scale production of renewable energy.
- Environment: Environment, e.g. recycling and circular economy projects, measurement of environmental footprints, public participation in environmental decision making.
- Food: Food e.g. cost effective, environmentally friendly and healthy methods to preserve fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Housing: Housing, e.g. green and affordable housing, housing solutions with a positive social impact (including for special groups like students or the ageing), urban design for sustainability, low cost solutions for low energy housing, urban design for sustainability.
- Forests: Forests, e.g. innovative use of forest products, including non-wood products like food, medicine or fashion, and use of forest spaces.
- Trade: Trade, e.g. low cost solutions for products tracking and tracing; applications to facilitate international trade.
- Transport: Transport, e.g. road safety, smart urban mobility.
- Statistics: Statistics, e.g. the use of “big data” in sustainability projects.
- Finalists will be invited to present their proposals at the 2nd UNECE Ideas for Change Award at the Palais des Nations in Geneva. Delegates from 56 Member States, together with the Expert Jury, will vote for the three best proposals and an official award ceremony will be held during the session.
- Winners (1 to 3) will receive an official Award Certificates during the 2017 UNECE session.
- Winners (1 to 3) will receive a stipend with Mass Challenge Accelerator in Jerusalem – one of the most prestigious Startups Accelerators in the world (all inclusive).
- Resident in a Member State of UNECE (mentioned below)
- A company or non-profit organization founded after 1st January 2015;
- A team of individuals planning to startup a company or a non-profit organization.
- Able to present your product, service or idea in English.
- Willing and able to travel to Geneva during 25 to 27 April 2017.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link