The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is excited to announce the 8th annual Science Without Borders® Challenge. The Science Without Borders® Challenge was created to get students and teachers interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art. This annual contest inspires students to be creative while learning about important ocean conservation issues. The Science Without Borders® Challenge is open to primary and secondary school students 11-19 years old, with scholarships of up to $500 awarded to the winning entries.
The theme for the 2020 Science without Borders® Challenge is “Take Action: Conserve Coral Reefs.”
Winners of the Science without Borders® Challenge will be publicly announced.
- The Science Without Borders® Challenge is a perfect example of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM).
- Through art, students can convey important marine conservation themes, while learning science. In turn, by creating artwork for the Challenge, these young artists inspire people around the world to conserve the ocean.
- Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows:
- 1st Place: $500 scholarship
- 2nd Place: $350 scholarship
- 3rd Place: $200 scholarship
- This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old.
- Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent.
- College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
- Contestants must submit a digital entry form with their original artwork submission.
- All required fields on the entry form must be filled out in order to be considered for awards.
- All participants under the age of 13 must have a parent or guardian fill out the COPPA Notice Form and mail it in with your artwork.
- All original artwork should be mailed to:
- Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
- Science without Borders® Challenge
- 7 Old Solomons Island Road, Suite200
- Annapolis, MD 21401 USA
- The deadline for entry into this year’s Science without Borders® Challenge is Monday, April 20, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020 (181 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link