ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for driving simplification within the portfolio through digital transformation and accelerate opportunities within the end market by orchestrating through the respective DBS functions and COEs teams while having a local team to run BAU support to the defined geography and department.
Reports to: DBS Services Manager
Reporting Level: Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Bangladesh
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for leading local DBS services teams and coordinating support across the application portfolio
- Monitors and capture performance to ensure fulfilment of application services as per SLA
- Performs ticketing and trend analysis as part of and in order to drive improvement plans via Service Review
- Ensures continuous compliance and security review; driving remediation actions arising across the IDT services portfolio
- Implements a regular review of user access and respective privileges within IDT as well as with the respective business functions
- Participates in the local and Regional Change Advisory Board; supporting planning for any change deployment.
- Ensures in-scope application stack is patched in a timely manner, and upgrades are planned in line with business needs as well as software / hardware end of life timelines.
- Review monitoring and performance data from a capacity, availability and demand perspective to ensure a right-sized and accessible application service
- Ensures timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of SOx operations for in-scope applications
- Support simplification, application transformation, improvement initiatives and adoption of digital technologies in the geographic scope
British American Tobacco, is a truly global company with a highly successful past and an exciting future ahead. As one of the leading tobacco and nicotine companies across the globe, BAT is always looking to offer consumers new products, choices, and advanced technologies.
- Knowledge and management experience in digital technology (e.g. robotics, API, IOT, big data,) will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience mainly in Technology Services with technical understanding of business application support
- Practical knowledge of ITILV4, Lean and Agile methodology
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm manner
- Relationship management and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to bring together and work with a team of people with varied backgrounds – business analysts, technical experts, process owners – to articulate and remedy service level issues
- Innovative thinking with service quality, and its improvement, within limits of costs and business direction