ADB is looking for Senior Project Officer 2021 in Dhaka.
An emergency project for the displaced people from Myanmar has been approved by ADB and will require an office to run its activities. The position will contribute to the Bangladesh Resident Mission (BRM) workplan, including handling loan/technical assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities, covering public sector operations, with focus on multisector emergency assistance project, and will take the lead role in the processing and administration of assigned loans and TAs. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and may supervise administrative staff.
- Project & TA Preparation and Appraisal
- Provides support to fact-finding and appraisal missions, including but not limited to review of project/program designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data and project/program costing, implementation arrangements and related technical issues.
- Participates in successful formulation and processing of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Project & TA Administration
- Where assigned to assume the lead role in the processing and administration of specific loans and TAs, actively takes initiative and responsibility to engage with RM, HQ, government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate the successful administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Provides team leadership (where assigned as lead) by facilitating work planning, delivery and reviews with the team.
- Monitors the progress of assigned projects and prepares project performance reports.
- Prepares and updates forecasts of contract awards & disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Identifies issues and takes actions to address them through interactions with executing agencies (EAs), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries; prepares measures to address the issues and implementing the measures.
- Prepares internal procurement papers, review of procurement documents including draft designs and cost estimates, and papers for extension of loan closing dates, reallocation of loan proceeds, changes in scope and implementation arrangements, and other project administration tasks.
- Provides advice to government ministries, EAs and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, etc. to ensure effective implementation.
- Assists EAs in the areas listed above for project administered by various sector divisions in the HQ.
- Prepares project completion reports and TA completion reports as assigned.
- Leads Project Review or Country Portfolio Review missions as required
- Provides support for or conducts policy dialogues with government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Maintains close cooperation with other international donors and undertakes meetings and consultations with them, especially in areas relating to donor coordination and harmonization in sector work. Participates actively in related local consultative subgroup meetings.
- Contributes to tripartite portfolio reviews, country portfolio review missions, and monitors overall performance of the portfolio of ADB projects in the sector.
- Sector Work
- Contributes to sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economic issues, and preparing reports on the subjects.
- Prepares sector assessments within the context of development aid effectiveness and national sector strategy to be utilized for programming purposes.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base of future government plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors.
- Prepares inputs for sector database for portfolio management
- Other Operational Support
- Helps to organize, contributes to, supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Organizes and conducts workshops for EAs, as appropriate.
- Produces reports, as required, on the tasks undertaken in relation to the above.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030 .
Check the official link.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, finance, business administration or other relevant field preferably with Master’s degree or equivalent;
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in one or more sectors (transport, energy, or urban) and at least 4 years of supervisory experience;
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is desirable;
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures;
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
To apply, visit the Official Link or click on Apply Now.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link