United Nations is hiring Programme Management Intern 2021 in Chittagong.
The internship offers an exciting and vibrant learning environment for the intern due to the close linkage between local and country level technical assistance and normative work on the county and/or regional level.
Org. Setting and Reporting: The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The UN-Habitat Programme Management internship is for 6 months.
The intern will focus his/her work on one or more of the following thematic and operational areas of ROAP:
- Support to country level and sub-regional programmes
- Participatory Slum Upgrading Project
- Post 2015 Development Agenda / New Urban Agenda Implementation
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship. The work hours during the internship shall be determined based on individual discussion between the intern and the supervisor(s) taking into consideration the minimum requirements of the Organization and the time difference between the hosting office and the location of the intern.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Responsibilities: Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under The Supervision Direct Supervision Of a Professional Staff Of ROAP And Or The Country Office, Or The Country Office, And Under The Overall Supervision Of The Director Of The Office The Intern Will
- Provide succinct analysis of current and emerging issues, trends of low emission development and urban development projects, including green building housing practices/technologies for the low- and middle-income in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Conduct research and identify case studies on Paris Agreement in urban low emission development projects and programmes, and their impact on inclusive, sustainable, and resilient development in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Assist with various tasks linked to organizational and substantive dimensions of programme and project design, financing, and implementation, especially GCF, Adaptation Fund funding, JICA, and CDM project proposals.
- Provide support in organizing and conduction of meetings relevant to the work of the section, including drafting of documents, preparation for and backstopping of meetings, and follow-up activities.
- Assist in the preparation of draft concept papers, background documents, position papers.
- Assist in the development of project concept notes/project briefs and project documents for resource mobilization.
- Undertake other assignments as required for the development and implementation of the work programme of ROAP and Pakistan.
Check the official link
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree, Masters, Phd. Or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Your Application For This Internship Must Include
- A Completed application (Personal History Profile) and Cover Note, through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note Must Include
- Title of the degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation Date
- IT skills and programmes you are proficient in
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
- Indicate your earliest and latest start date and the number of months you can commit.
Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme, ensure to include all past work experience (if any).
- Proof of enrollment from current University (if not graduated).
- A copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.Apply nowOfficial link