UNV Bangladesh is looking for National UN Volunteer Specialist Position (Roster) –
- Draft quality reports, policy briefs, create contents for project as needed;
- Arrange events, prepare documentations and project reports;
- Manage data collections and develop tools for project visibility outputs;
- Take photos and videos as and when necessary to document the work on the ground;
- Prepare and produce of print and online publications and other knowledge materials;
- Support in organizing any event in Cox’s Bazar and document the event properly.
About United Nations Volunteers (UNV):
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners’ to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
In most cultures, volunteerism is deeply embedded in long-established, ancient traditions of sharing and support within the communities. In this context, UN Volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities.
In all assignments, UN Volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct. Engaging in volunteer activity can effectively and positively enrich their understanding of local and social realities, as well as create a bridge between themselves and the people in their host community. This will make the time they spend as UN Volunteers even more rewarding and productive.
Duration: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
- Monthly Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA);
- Life, health and permanent disability insurance (if applicable).
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Mass Media, English, Film Studies, Cinematography or related studies.
- Experience: 2 years in relevant field.