United Nations is looking for Volunteers 2021 in Bangladesh.
One of the primary activities of the Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG) in the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs is the assessment of the use and potential of ICTs to transform the public sector in all 193 Member States in their official languages through its flagship publication entitled the United Nations E-Government Survey. Based on a questionnaire provided by DPIDG, the volunteer is expected to participate in data research and assessment of Member States’ national portals and associated official website(s) to collect data on the provision of e-services for the 2022 UN E-government Survey. The Survey presents the ranking of e-government development across all 193 Member States, enabling decision makers to identify the areas of strengths and challenges and to define appropriate policies, strategies and solutions.
- The main objective of this assignment is to contribute to data and case studies research for the 2022 United Nations E-Government Survey by conducting online assessment of national-level and/or city-level public sector portals and associated official websites in a specific number of United Nations Member States to be assigned.
- Successful candidates will each be assigned between 2 to 4 countries and/or cities for review, according to his/her language skills.
- Timeline and tasks: –
- Between 28 June -28 July 2021 – training and pilot assessment (approx. 2 days total)
- Between 28 July–30 September 2021 – on-line data gathering and assessment (approx. 3 days per country assigned). Support to Online Volunteers: Coordination, monitoring and task related advisory and administrative support. They recognize the volunteers’ contribution in the publication.
UN DESA Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government. The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 and committed to maintaining international peace and security; developing friendly relations among nations; promoting social progress, better living standards and human rights.
Check the official link.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and Bengali.
- Research capabilities, analytical skills and IT skills are required.
- Understanding of public policy, public administration and e-government is desirable.
Please note that They cannot accept candidates who are currently Government employees or civil servants, or those working for government-affiliated agencies connected to e-government services.Eligible Regions: Bangladesh
For Further QueriesCheck the official link.
Disclaimer: Youth Opportunities spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.