UNDP is looking for Admin and Finance Associate – Strengthening Institutional Capacity for SDGs Achievement 2021.
“Strengthening Institutional Capacity for SDGs Achievement in Bangladesh (SC4SDG)”, is a multi-year initiative to support the Government of Bangladesh. This initiative is the successor of “Support to Sustainable and Inclusive Planning (SSIP)” project and “Engaging with Institutions (EI)”, IP project and aims at providing technical assistance in the formulation of evidence-based policy formulation, implementation, localization, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and outreach of SDGs in Bangladesh. The project will also work towards green and sustainable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, provide support for SDG financing, data governance, better and more in-depth socio-economic and covid-related data, and informed and evidence-based policy-making for effective socio-economic growth in light of the ongoing pandemic. This will involve a combination of policy and technical activities in partnership with the a2i (Aspire to Innovate project). UNDP has been a long-standing partner of the GoB in achieving global goals since MDGs era. In previous interventions, UNDP worked largely with the public sector; but for SDGs, it cannot be achieved without support of the non-state stakeholders given its wideness and depth of the 2030 Global Development Agenda. This project aims to go beyond the conventional partnership with the government to private sector, NGOs, CSOs, think-tank, academia and media to ensure the ‘whole of the society’ approach to attained SDG goals and targets.
- Evidence-informed SDG policy and plans formulated;
- Systems and capacities in place to localize the SDGs;
- Financing for SDG Implementation secured and prioritized;
- Partnerships and outreach for enhancing society wide participation in SDGs ensured; and
- Green and sustainable economic recovery from COVID-19 pandemic supported.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the internal control framework.
- Assist to prepare budget revisions of the projects; assist in the preparation of the AWP
- Ensure uploading of Atlas Project Budget and Multiyear budget
- Provide Atlas Budgetary inputs in line with project approved AWPs and ready for KK’ed of Atlas Project Budget
- Prepare quarterly Fund Authorization and Certification of Expenditures (FACE) and ensure timely submission to UNDP
- Assist the Project Team for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to UNDP, UN-PEA and FCDO
- Provide assistance to prepare periodic accounting records, maintain delivery records, make program transactions in UNDP format, prepare draft budget revisions, shadow budgets, cost sharing and other financial and accounting reports;
- Assist in the timely issuance of contracts and assurance of other eligible entitlements of the projects personnel, experts, and consultants by preparing annual recruitment plans
- Preparation of detailed cost estimates and participation in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash.
- Assist Project Management in settlements of DSA and other claims of staff as per UNDP rules;
- Managing micro- procurement for the project;
- Organize procurement processes within the Delegation of Authority of micro-procurement for items below USD 10,000 for the project;
- Prepare Work Order and dispatched on time;
- Ensure daily administrative and secretarial support to the team, including daily correspondences, maintenance of filing system, printing and photocopying, updating official travel and leave plan, visitor’s list and event list;
- Provide logistic support to meeting /training /workshop / seminar;
- Documentation of Finance, Procurement, Admin and HR files;
- Maintain asset and equipment register and initiate periodical assets verification exercise;
- Logistic support to Project Staff (UN ID card, GoB ID card, Business Card, Stationary etc.);
- Maintain stock of stationary, supplies, printing materials etc.;
- Maintain leave record of Project staff;
- Efficient vehicle management
- Arrange on time repair and maintenance of office vehicle and equipment’s;
- Supervise and monitor the activities of support staff and Drivers
- Ensure the office full compliance in asset management processes in coordination with the asset management focal point of UNDP-CO;
- Proper inventory record and control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies;
- Timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, physical verification of inventory items.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Supervise and guide support staff and Drivers in carrying out their duties;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Finance and Procurement Expert and Chief Technical Advisor.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
Check the official link.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, peace, understanding between peoples and nations, tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation (UNDP core ethics) impartiality
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Functional Competencies: Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, making transactions, reporting.
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new financial systems.
- Strong customer-service skills with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical end users in a pleasant, cooperative, and helpful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply general technical instructions and procedures
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations
- Demonstrates commitment to clients and quality
- Works to complete assigned tasks according to the rules
- Responsible for project implementation or team deliverables
- Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Interprets policy within context and applies with judgment
- Anticipates obstacles and applies practical solutions
- Continually seeks improvement
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelors’ in Finance, Accounting, Management or Business Administration from a recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in finance, procurement and operations.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Preferably experience with government funded development projects;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable;
- Preferably experience of working in UN bi-lateral project with multi donor approach and familiar to work with GoB;
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other accounting tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Bangla.
Check the official link.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link