UNDP is hiring Programme Analyst, Gender-Responsive Governance and Protection, 2023 in Cox’s Bazar
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of gender-responsive governance and protection
Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/project proposals and initiatives related to gender-responsive governance and protection.
- Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the gender-responsive governance and protection programme
Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required, gathering and incorporating inputs from UN Women GFOs;Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities, recording relevant programme activities, issues, and risks;Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to programme partners
Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed, including on results-based management.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programmeMonitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators using results-based management tools;Conduct and ensure regular monitoring visits by the GRGP team, as required, and prepare reports on monitoring missions;Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible parties;Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports, sector reports and other reports on programmatic results at the activity, output and outcome levels as relevant.
- Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the gender-responsive governance and protection programme
Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures, maintaining an updated budget utilization plan for the programme, and perform budget revisions when required; Monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to responsible parties;Monitor implementation of audit recommendations;Provide inputs to financial reports; Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants, and the six (6) GFOs as needed.
- Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategiesProvide inputs to resource mobilization strategies and funding proposals; analyze and maintain related information and databases; Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on gender-responsive governance and protection to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Cox’s Bazar Contribute substantive inputs to the Protection Sector and GBV-SS activities, participating in meetings of the GBV-SS on behalf of UN Women;Provide technical support to the Head of Sub-Office on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
- Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to gender-responsive governance and protection; Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products; Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on gender-responsive governance and protection;Undertake any other duties as requested.
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity
Visit the official link.
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, or a related field is required;A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience at the national or sub-national level in development and/or humanitarian programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building; Experience in gender equality programming and gender-responsive governance and protection is required;Experience of in the gender-responsive humanitarian action is desirable;Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors desirable.Experience working with the Rohingya humanitarian crisis is desirable;
- Fluency in English, and Bangla is required;Knowledge of Chittagonian is desirable.Knowledge of another UN language is desirable (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish)
To apply click on “Apply Now” or visit the official link.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link