UIU Junior Economists’ Forum (UIUJEF) is the Economics forum that serves to educate pupils about prospective careers in Economics, provide ample opportunities for community involvement, discuss practical of Economics and much more.
Bangladesh, an emerging developing nation is undergoing many transitions: economic, epidemiological, demographic, technological and social. The world economy too is evolving, with technological progress, economic crises and social upheavals demanding more and alternative economic analyses. Both these factors make it imperative for economists in Bangladesh, to focus on economic research and its dissemination. Bearing this in mind UIUJEF is launching an Inter university competition named ‘ECONTHON’ , which will deal with issues relating to various economic problems, finding their solutions and ways to implement them. The purpose of conducting this competition is to provide a platform where young economists can convey their ideas and voice their opinions.
It is going to be a two day event comprising of three rounds. There will be a selection round held before the main event.
The first day of the event will include rounds 1 and 2. The second day will begin with round 3 and conclude with an award giving ceremony.
A workshop will be held prior the competition which will help the participants to understand the guidelines of the competition.
Grab this opportunity and Register Now!
- Total Prize amount: BDT 250,000
- BDT 100,000
- 1st runner-up: BDT 60,000
- 2nd runner-up: BDT 40,000
- Rest BDT 50,000 will be allocated among the 10 criteria for individual awards, 5000 per criterion.
- Certificate of participation.
- A maximum of 24 teams consisting of 3 members will qualify from level 0 to participate in the competition from different universities (public/private).
- Contestants can be from any discipline and team members can be from different universities.
- The participants are required to have basic knowledge of Economics.
- Students must be undergraduates.
- Registration fee is BDT 2000 (per team)
- Teams will have to pay a partial amount of BDT 500 (per team) to register, once they pass level 0 they will be required to pay the rest of the amount (BDT 1,500)