UN VOLUNTEERS is looking for Social Media Content Creators for Hillsbazar’s Campaign 2021 in Bangladesh
Hillsbazar, Taste of Diversity, is a social enterprise that is part of UNDP Youth Co: Lab Springboard Programme. They promote hill traditional products from the Chittagong Hill Tracts of Bangladesh. They use offline and online platforms to promote indigenous products ranging from textiles, agricultural products, and art, in order to empower indigenous people, especially women, and increase livelihoods. Having online volunteers who can support social media marketing will help them increase visibility and attract more sales, as the bulk of their orders are coming through Facebook. It will also help expand their reach to more customers and increase revenues that will help them in their mission of supporting indigenous communities in Chittagong hills.
- They are looking for experienced online volunteers to support Hillsbazar with content creation on social media to increase visibility and attract users.
- The online volunteer will provide strategic guidance on how to market Hillsbazar’s services, create and curate interesting content on social media.
- Tasks include strategic planning on social media marketing, content creation such as drafting Facebook posts and designing Facebook posters.
- To this end, the online volunteer will be expected to work with Hillsbazar team to produce one post per week.
The United Nations Volunteers programme is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
Check the official link
- Candidates should possess strong writing and editing skills, had previous experience in social media marketing and designing of outreach/marketing materials.
- Had marketing experience for social enterprise in South Asian countries is preferred.
- Fluent in Bengali is preferred.
- Have a basic understanding of indigenous communities in Bangladesh is a plus.