U.S. Embassy Dhaka is Accepting Applications for Community College Initiative Program 2023-24
The U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2023-2024 Community College Initiative (CCI) Program. This U.S. Department of State exchange program provides scholarships for Bangladeshi undergraduate students (18 to 25 years old) to spend one academic year studying at a U.S. community college.
- Academics: Students will complete one year of academic coursework at a U.S. community college in their selected field of study and may earn professional certificates.
- Service Learning: Students will participate in local community service activities.
- Internships: Students will gain hands-on professional experience by working at renown organizations, businesses, and companies based in the United States.
- Cultural Exchange: Students will learn about American culture and share their culture through activities such as exhibitions and performances.
- Leadership: Students will enhance their leadership capabilities through CCI leadership programming activities focused on reflection and goal setting.
- Action Planning: During their time in the United States, students will develop an action project, portfolio, or community outreach plan to create positive change in their home communities upon returning to Bangladesh.
The 2023-2024 program provides academic instruction at community colleges throughout the United States in the fields of agriculture, applied engineering, business management/administration, early childhood education, information technology, media, social services, health, public safety, tourism, and hospitality management. Although participants may earn an academic certificate in their field of study and gain first-hand practical experience through internships in their field of study, this is not a degree program. Student will earn full credits for two semesters.
Visit the Official link.
- Is a citizen of and qualified to hold a valid passport issued by Bangladesh.
- Is currently residing in Bangladesh.
- Is 18 years or older by July 1, 2023.
- Has successfully earned a higher secondary school certificate.
- Has not completed the equivalent of three years toward a U.S. bachelor’s degree or higher in the applicant’s field of study. Nominees without substantive post-secondary education will be given placement priority.
- Has demonstrated commitment to the selected field of study through some academic or professional experience. The program aims to identify participants with proven skills or interest and limited professional experience in the fields of study offered.
- Has basic working knowledge of English language as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL score of 420 (IELTS score 5.0). Note: To enroll in credit-bearing courses in an academic field of study, the applicant must meet the minimum language requirements of the host college—usually 500 (IELTS score 6.0) on the TOEFL test or equivalent scores on other standardized tests. English language training will be necessary and is available for those who do not demonstrate this level of proficiency. Participants with a score below 500 must have an interest in taking English language classes as a primary academic focus; they will have very limited access to courses in their field of study. Participant language skills will be evaluated upon arrival at the host institution. A host campus testing result will be the score used to determine course placements.
- Has limited or no overseas study experience. Nominees with no prior overseas study or travel to the United States will be given placement priority.
- Submits a complete original application.
- Is willing and mentally and physically able (with accommodations as required) to complete the program in its entirety, including activities or travel that may be programmed on any day of the week, possibly including early morning or evening hours.
- Is committed to returning to their home country after completion of the program and satisfying the J-visa two-year residency requirement.
- Is able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in July 2023.
Applications are due on Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. (Bangladesh Standard Time).
To get your application form please visit the official link.
If you have any questions, please contact the Embassy’s CCI Program Manager, Mushfiq Hassan, at [email protected].
Please drop off paper applications at the following address:
The address of the American Center is as follows:
Attn. Mushfiq Hassan
The American Center
U.S. Embassy Annex
J Block, Progati Sharoni
(Opposite the U.S. Embassy and next to Notun Bazar)
or courier your application to:
Attn. Mushfiq Hassan
C/o. Mailroom service
U.S. Embassy Dhaka
Application Deadline: February 2, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link