North South University admission test Spring 2019 will be held on the 3rd week of November. The tentative date is 23rd November. The circular has been published on the official website of the university. The application fee is 1500 taka .
The admission test will consist of MCQ based questions – Calculator is not allowed.
Section 1: English – Grammar and Vocabulary MCQ ….. 40 …. 20 Min
Section 2: Quantitative Aptitude (General Math) MCQ … 50 …. 60 Min
Section 3: Reading Comprehension MCQ ………………. 20 …. 20 Min
Section 4: Composition (Essay) …………………..1 Writing ……. 20 Min
Section 5: Drawing (Only For Architecture) ………………………30 Min.
Admission Fee: 25,000 TK + Tk. 10,000.00 as Caution money (Refundable) = 35,000 TK
Tuition Fee for undergraduate program:
1) Architecture – 12,35,000 TK
2) Civil & Environmental Engineering – 8,92,500 TK
3) CSE – 8,99,000 TK
4) EEE – 8,99,000 TK
5) ETE – 8,99,000 TK
6) BA in English – 8,57,000 TK
7) LLB – 8,99,000 TK
8) BBA – 8.63,000 TK
9) Economics – 8,69,000 TK
10) Pharmacy (5 YEARS COURSE) – 13,29,500 TK
11) Biochemistry & Biotechnology – 8,04,500/- Tk.
12) Microbiology – 8,04,500/- Tk.
13) Environmental Science & Management – 7,88,000 TK
Financial Aid and scholarship:
Newly admitted students at NSU can avail 100% to 25% financial aid based on their NSU Admission Test Score
- Undergraduate applicants securing 1st to 10th position in the NSU admission test will get full tuition waiver (100%).
- To apply for scholarship candidates must have GPA 5.00 (excluding 4th Subject) in either SSC or HSC and at least GPA 4.80 in the other (excluding 4th Subject) with satisfactory NSU Admission Test Performance.
- Candidates who earn 7 ‘A’s in O-level exams at a time and 3 ‘A’s in A-level having satisfactory NSU Admission Test Score will get financial aid.
- If two candidates from the same family get admitted to North South University they will receive 25% scholarship. They will have to maintain a CGPA of 2.75.]
- NSU also provide financial assistance in the special categories such as aid for humanitarian ground and Freedom Fighter quota etc.
Minimum requirements for programs:
For all programs of School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, applicants must have Math or Physics with minimum B grade in HSC or C grade in A-levels.
For Biochemistry and Microbiology, applicants must have Biology and Chemistry at SSC/HSC or O/A- levels.
For BPharm Professional, applicants must have Biology & Chemistry, with minimum B grade in HSC and C grade in A-levels and should have done Physics in HSC/A-levels to be eligible to apply.
Check official website.
- Combined GPA of 8.0 in both SSC and HSC with minimum GPA 3.5 in each OR
- GCE O-Levels and A-Levels: O-Levels in five subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.5 or above and A-levels in two subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.0 or above. (scale A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1) OR
- US High School Diploma, IB Diploma Programme (IB-DP) or equivalent
- Academic qualification other than the above need to contact Admissions Office to check the eligibility
- Foreign applicants should send their academic transcripts and name of two referees for initial screening to [email protected] After verification, Admissions Office will contact with them about their eligibility for admission.