The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. They value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing their organizational capability. They welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. They do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. They promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
As part of a strengthened bilateral trade relationship between the UK and Bangladesh, the Department for International Trade (DIT) at the British High Commission works to increase UK exports to Bangladesh, support British investments in the country and encourage greater inward investment from Bangladesh to the UK.
The work of the team is focused on generating major opportunities for UK industry in Bangladesh and helping UK businesses to access these opportunities both directly and through partners.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. So submit your CV and grab the opportunity.
- Salary: BDT 120,292 per month
- Possibly negotiable depending on experience/qualifications
- A leave entitlement, Health Insurance and relevant L&D opportunities
- Successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks
- The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to staff bonuses.
- Annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision
- Ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and
- Excellent work/life balance
- A post-graduation degree (or equivalent). Preferably in Economics, Trade, Business Administration.
- Proven skills in operations management and people management.
Proficiency in IT, especially MS Office (specifically Excel and Power Point) and Outlook.
- Availability for business travel within and outside the country.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience of working effectively with both the private and public sectors.
- Experience of Business Development or related activities.
- Evidence of working on international issues, or though international networks.
- Understanding of key drivers of business decisions and public sector.
Excellent written and oral English communication skills. IELTS band level 7.5 is preferable.
- Understanding of commercial relationships between industry sectors.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
- Apply online through the given link
- Attach a detailed CV
- Attach appraisal forms ( Internal candidates only)
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional
Application Deadline: February 19, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link