International Food Policy Research Institute is hiring Project Officer 2020 in Bangladesh
The Project Officer’s responsibilities include working closely with the BIeNGS Project Coordinator to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resource requirements, timeframes, and budgets for project activities at the sub-district (Upazila) level. S/he will perform various supervision tasks, like scheduling and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries at the activity level. Collaboration with clients and internal teams as required to deliver results on deadlines. S/he will directly supervise community facilitators. Ultimately, the Project Officer’s duties are to ensure that all project activities in his/her working area are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in partnership building with a wide range of clientele including farmers, NGOs, private, and public sector organizations.
- Conduct practical demonstrations/field days, training, and other events for popularizing biofortified crops.
- Provide technical inputs and knowledge to partners, farmers, and other beneficiaries.
- Conduct focus group discussions and meetings with organized farmers groups on biofortified crop production.
- Assist in the identification of training needs for clients viz. farmers, technicians, seed producers, millers, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of training manuals.
- Assist with farmer meetings to ensure biofortified crop production.
- Liaise with value chain actors for marketing Biofortified products.
- Assign tasks to Community Extension Facilitator (CEF) and assist with schedule management.
- Maintain and monitor activity budgets according to compliance policy.
- Monitor day-to-day project progress and provide updates to the Project Coordinator.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities through the collection of project data on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Check the official site
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of professional experience as a Project Officer or similar role with an agricultural/nutrition project.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure during peak seasonal periods.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, show initiative, and work productively as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Demonstrated affinity for working with farmers.
- Good oral and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office and experience in report writing.
- Experience with monitoring and documentation of fields activities.
- Experienced in motorcycle driving with a valid driving license.
- Post Graduate degree in Agriculture.