FAO is looking for FAO Regional, Sub-regional, Country, Liaison Offices and headquarters Fellows 2021 in Bangladesh.
The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Reporting Lines
- The fellow will report to an assigned supervisor.
- Technical Focus
- The fellow will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
- Tasks and responsibilities
- The fellow will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR), prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the fellow.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy
Check the official link.
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh
To apply, visit the Official Link or click on Apply Now.
Application Deadline: January 1, 2022 (31 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link