World Health Organization is hiring Executive Assistant (Information) 2022 in Dhaka.
Description Of Duties
Under the guidance of WHO Administrative Officer and the direct supervision of Executive Associate (Administration), the incumbent will perform following duties:
- Receives, maintains, updates, and classifies files and documents of the Country Office and takes responsibility for the safety and proper filling of documents (both electronic and manual system).
- Receives, sorts, registers, and distributes correspondence, files, incoming mails, pouches, reports, publications, and attaches necessary background information and maintains follow-up system for the Section. Maintains confidentiality of incoming and outgoing correspondences. Assists in registering and dispatching outgoing correspondences as appropriate (most of these activities are done by Registry).
- Support in implementing electronic filing system, including digitization of historical information, permanent files and other critical documents/forms as prescribed by management and technical units and initiate actions for reviewing of inactive files by appropriate units and obtain approvals for proper disposal.
- Receive approved PDF Copies of POs, APW (Agreement of Performance of Work), TSA (Technical Service Agreement), DFC (Direct Financial Cooperation), DI (Direct Implementation), GLOA (Grand Letter of Agreement) etc., through generic mailbox and develop tracking system in excel sheet to monitor documents and send to the respective Technical Unit through e-mail for necessary action as per SOP (Standard Operating Procedures). Create separate biennial electronic and manual file in the documentation unit for the PDF copies and uploaded in the electronic folder created for the respective project giving name as project file naming convention.
- Create biennial separate project file folders for each project giving name, project number for APW, TSA and DFC.DI, and GLOA. The original agreements/contracts will be kept in the project files. These files are to be kept in almirah under lock and key to ensure safety of documents.
- Receive/Collect counter signed hard copies of APW, DFC and TAS sent by TO/Project Office to WRO. Record them giving entry (PO) number as per incoming documents receipt data format.
- Keep in Documentation Unit original signed APW, DFC and TSA, DI, GLOA Agreements, reports and other related documents in archive. All other POs received in generic mailbox will be sent to S&E Unit.
- Create Electronic File Tree for subject files from A-Z as per WHO subject file criteria and create electronic project file tree from A-E. Keep all documents in electronic files and archive. Ensure retrieving documents as and when requested.
- Create Account Payable suppliers for WCO BAN as per guidance note of enhanced supplier self-service page (Corporate Suppliers & Non-Staff Participants).
- Upload relevant documents under DFC, DI AND GLOA in Share Point.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of WHO Bangladesh Country Office is to implement the Country Cooperation Strategy by supporting the Bangladesh Government in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies and plans and developing and managing WHO’s technical cooperation programmes. WHO provides guidance and technical support in organizing the humanitarian health response and in revitalizing the capacity of the health sector to rebuild and recover from emergencies in appropriate and sustainable ways. The Country Office develops a two-way collaboration with the Government of Bangladesh in support of their efforts of achieving national health goals; of ensuring the attainment of universal health coverage and of contributing to global and regional public health action by providing need-based technical assistance in national level policy formulation, setting norms and standards, improving knowledge dissemination and management, monitoring country health situation and building sustainable institutional capacity, to play a greater leadership role in different national level policy and technical forums. The overall Objective of the Administrative Unit within the Country Office is to provide core services in order to facilitate programme delivery in all aspects of Administration & Financial operations, including Budget, HR, Group Educational Activities and Staff Travel, Procurement, Security, Transport, Building and Office Management ensuring efficient and smooth functioning of the Bangladesh Country Office.
The World Health Organization’s mission: to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people.
Check the official link.
Required Qualifications Education
Essential: Completion of Secondary School Education
- Secretarial Training of general office operation.
- Training in electronic record-keeping/file maintenance procedures is an asset;
- Orientation in mailing, dispatch procedures and related rules useful and use of computer and common softwares.
Essential: At least five (5) years of relevant practical experience in secretarial /clerical work, preferably, in an international organization.
Desirable: Experience in secretarial/clerical support positions in WHO (in order to have a sound knowledge of its rules and regulations, procedures and practices) is an advantage.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to draft standard correspondence. Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Thorough understanding of WHO procedures, and guidelines issued by RO and HQs on records and archives, diplomatic pouch services and other related matters and ability to proper interpretation of WHO Manual provisions with regard to records and archival procedures.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training skills to operate computer with ease with excellent knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bangla.Eligible Regions: Bangladesh
To apply click on “Apply Now” or visit the official link
Application Deadline: December 6, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link